Windows 10: Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas!

Discus and support Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It was long time since I used some hardware here but now I try to install some drivers and they cannot be installed. The installation software just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shadoware, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Shadoware Win User

Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas!

It was long time since I used some hardware here but now I try to install some drivers and they cannot be installed.

The installation software just stuck and dont proceed. I try to manually install from the disk or choose the driver from windows list but I continue receiving and error message saying driver installation went to an error!

I cannot install my Logitech c270 webcam too and also PS3Eye cam that I used in the past through CL-Eye-Driver.

What happened to this windows version 1909? MS made some catastrophic change?

Im using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 and I'm using latest software available in my hardware's manufacturer's page.

:)

Shadoware, Jun 15, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Saitek X52 Pro

The Saitek site does not seem to list Win10 drivers for your model.

You may do better to inquire at the Saitek site though.

I see they have a Win10 BETA driver for the HOTAS, so they may be working on a driver for your X52 Pro as well .

- I have a similar issue with Logitech keyboard/mouse driver. I am using an older driver because of some

of the gimmicks they put into the newer versions that installs Apple Bonjour, which is, and always has been

a problem software.

If I have my Logitech software launch with Windows it stuffs up, so I have to launch it manually after Windows

loads. I have to close it before using Sleep as well as it does not return from sleep properly.

BossDweeb, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Saitek X52 Pro

I have a Saitek X52 Pro installed on my Windows 10 PC.

When booting the PC loads but the X52 only partially loads, the screen on the throttle unit does not light up the date & time does not set, if I then restart the PC it will then load fully and be functional. It does not work if I shut down and then start
    the PC it has to be a restart.

Sydney Salter, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas!

Drivers fail to install on Windows 10 - Saitek Cyborg X

So, this morning I did the Windows 10 x64 1511 build update (November). In doing so, my X52 Pro no longer works, or is acknowledged as being connected via USB. I tired using reinstalling the Saitek beta drivers for Windows 10 x64 to no avail. Currently I am at a loss, as naturally Saitek/MadCatz support is in my opinion the worst in the industry. If anyone else has encountered this issue, and has a workaround, or has gotten their X52 or X52 Pro HOTAS to work on the new Windows 10 x64 build please let me know. Additionalliy, if I myself encounter a solution I will post it here.

To everyone else on Windows 10 x64, be warned that by updating to the new build your HOTAS will no longer function.

My rig's specifications ar ein my Steam profile.

Thanks & goodluck!

-UPDATE 11:39 am EST. I have submitted a ticket to Saitek/MadCatz, as there seems to currently be no way to resolve the issue on the client's end. I will continue to update the information for others who are on the Windows 10 x64 platform as new information, or troubleshooting comes to me. In the meantime, as I previously advised, do not carry out Windows 10 November platform update if you wish to continue using your Saitek product(s).

--UPDATE #2 possible solution: From X-Plane Forums regarding the issue:

--UPDATE #3 SOLUTION ADDED to #2 instructions!

After the major Windows 10 update yesterday (build 1511) my Saitek x52 Pro didn't work anymore. I tried to reinstall, but the installer just hangs and did not detect the X52 being plugged in. After a lot of trial and error I found the following fix:

Plugin the X52

Go to device manager and delete the X52 and USB devices with an ! sign (warning/not installed correctly)

Restart your PC

Unplug your X52

Run the installer (with the latest beta drivers for W10)

When the screen pops up with the instruction to plugin your X52 -> plug it in...

Just let the installer run (with the NEXT button greyed out) and go to device manager

Right click on the X52 device and select update driver

Choose "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2 compatible devices

Now select the 1st option "USB device" or something similar NB: NOT the 2nd one with USB X52 in the name!!!

Directly after this W10 detects your X52 and you can select NEXT in the installer

Install will continue and finish correctly

I wrote the steps down from memory (I don't want to retry with the risk of messing something up) -> BUT the right selection of the USB device (AND NOT X52..) is important. If you select the X52 line you get a critical error and it stops..

This is not my solution but it worked for my Cyborg X for windows 10

user955773, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas!

1. Cannot install some drivers in 1909, like Logitech x52 pro Hotas! - Similar Threads - Cannot install drivers

2. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  3. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  4. X52 Pro not working in Win11 & MSFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X52 Pro not working in Win11 & MSFS: Hi, I used to be able to use my X52 Pro HOTAS joystick under Windows 11, using old drivers 7_0_47_1_x64 and software 7_0_56_6_x64. However a Windows update last year 2022 seems to have rendered them unusable. I've tried to install the newest Windows 10 driver 8_0_213_0 using...
  5. X52 Pro not working in Win11 & MSFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X52 Pro not working in Win11 & MSFS: Hi, I used to be able to use my X52 Pro HOTAS joystick under Windows 11, using old drivers 7_0_47_1_x64 and software 7_0_56_6_x64. However a Windows update last year 2022 seems to have rendered them unusable. I've tried to install the newest Windows 10 driver 8_0_213_0 using...
  6. X52 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X52 Pro: After connecting the X52 Pro to my PC via USB I tried to access the Game Controller options from Device and Printers as suggested by Saitek website. All I see is the Test options. What am I doing wrong?...
  7. X52 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X52 Pro: After connecting the X52 Pro to my PC via USB I tried to access the Game Controller options from Device and Printers as suggested by Saitek website. All I see is the Test options. What am I doing wrong?...
  8. Logitech X56 HOTAS and Win10 2004 build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logitech X56 HOTAS and Win10 2004 build: Hello I have the latest Microsoft Windows 10, 2004 build on my desktop. If my X56 HOTAS is plugged in, the computer and monitor does not sleep at all. If I unplug the X56 HOTAS from the USB ports, the monitor sleeps but not the computer. If I uninstall the latest Logitech...
  9. Logitech MX Master mouse driver error Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech MX Master mouse driver error Windows 10 Pro 1909: Hi, I had recently changed my wireless network card in my laptop from Intel AC 3160 to Intel 7260 but my laptop did not support that 7260 card so i put back my original network card. Both wifi and Bluetooth were working fine before. After i put the card back, wifi is working...
  10. Logitech Streamcam drivers & USB C - Cannot install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Streamcam drivers & USB C - Cannot install: I bought a Logitech Streamcam and thought I'd finally get to use the USB C on my x570 Auros Pro WiFi. However, in Windows, it's showing up at USB 3.0. The webcam can't be picked up in the Logitech capture software either. How Windows shows it: https://imgur.com/a/fybU0av &...