Windows 10: Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

Discus and support Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Compumind, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

Hi there -

I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64.
    When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail.

For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to my main user and undo the local account.

Unlock Local Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials

What might be up here?
    Then again, all other non-Dell software works just fine. Funny, eh?

Possible permissions issue or Dell's tricky (i.e. buggy) software? Their simplistic error logs are meaningless.

Strange.

TIA *Zip

:)

Compumind, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Feb 8, 2019
  3. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 8, 2019
  4. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

1. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue? - Similar Threads - Cannot install non

2. Software Installation permission error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software Installation permission error.: I am trying to install my Epson printer software. drivers install properly except for the scanning software. The error I encounter is that the folder I am trying to install into is read-only. The software I'm installing is trusted, yet somehow not allowed to write into the...
  3. Software Installation permission error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Installation permission error.: I am trying to install my Epson printer software. drivers install properly except for the scanning software. The error I encounter is that the folder I am trying to install into is read-only. The software I'm installing is trusted, yet somehow not allowed to write into the...
  4. Software Installation permission error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?: Hi everyone - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail. For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to...
  6. W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235: Update KB4483235 fails to install, and I'm getting errors with DISM. Here's the log files: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. Any ideas? 124511
  7. W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235: Update KB4483235 fails to install, and I'm getting errors with DISM. Here's the log files: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. Any ideas? 124511
  8. W10 is installed but cannot do updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 is installed but cannot do updates: When I try to update I get a message saying Windows can not find wuapp.exe 34226
  9. Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC: I am running KIS 2017, have tried installing those VPN software client - I have a NordVPN connection & have also tried installing trials of some other VPN software client. No VPN software can be used to the lack of TAP adapter is not getting installed. I have even tried after...
  10. W10 - cannot install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 - cannot install.: I have a windows 7 home premium PC that performs faultlessly. Just after the W10 upgrade became available - I did install 10, just to have a look at the various features etc. At that stage I decided to return to the Win7 system - which I did with no problem. I now wish to...