Windows 10: Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk

Discus and support Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It was working great when I first install Toshiba Canvio advance Storage Backup. Recently I need to look into my old file, then I cannot open Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinhnl, Nov 30, 2019.

1. tinhnl Win User

Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk

It was working great when I first install Toshiba Canvio advance Storage Backup.

Recently I need to look into my old file, then I cannot open Toshiba External Hard Disk. I deleted the program and try to reinstall the software; now I can not install this software again, I get the error message

“The system cannot find the file specified.”

Need a help.

:)

tinhnl, Nov 30, 2019

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 30, 2019
  3. external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Nov 30, 2019
  4. michael Win User

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk - Similar Threads - Cannot install Toshiba

2. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  3. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  4. Install Fortnite on an external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Fortnite on an external hard disk?: Hello, everyone, I have the problem that I cannot install Fortnite on the PC, on an external hard disk. I installed the Epic Launcher on the external hard drive, but when I want to install Fortnite, it always wants to install it on C: and not on D: where the launcher is....
  5. Cannot safely remove external hard disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot safely remove external hard disk: When i right click safely remove Hardware and eject media, my idle hard drive automatically starts vibrating (reading/writing I dont know) everytime and then if i try to eject it says the device is currently in use. Why is this happening? I now have to shut down my laptop if...
  6. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  7. Toshiba hard disk not showing

Toshiba hard disk not showing: Hi, I am having a Toshiba Canvio 2 TB hard disk you can see right now in screenshot [ATTACH] But many a times I am encountering a situation where hard disk when plugged in USB is not visible in my computer as see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] now see the...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  9. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...