Windows 10: cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready

Discus and support cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Service,Tried with logging in with administrator download languages but still fail.In before, I am having IME setting not ready problem.****... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yi-Chieh, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Yi-Chieh Win User

cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready

Hello Service,Tried with logging in with administrator download languages but still fail.In before, I am having IME setting not ready problem.**** moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / To Do ***

:)

Yi-Chieh, Jul 20, 2022
  2. LestariM Win User

Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Hanyu Pinyin keyboard is not functioning

Hi!

I desperately need to type traditional Chinese with hanyu pinyin (not bopomofo) keyboard. Previously, I had no problem at all (with older version of Windows), but it seems that this function no longer working in Windows 10.

I installed the Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) language pack and downloaded all Traditional Chinese IME required. Next, I've tried so many times to change the preferred keyboard layout to Hanyu Pinyin, but it didn't work at all (still showing bopomofo when
    I type). I've also tried the Chinese (Traditional, Hongkong SAR) language pack and the result was exactly the same.

I'm fully aware that I could also type traditional Chinese with Chinese (Simplified, China) language pack. However, it still has some problems since not all the traditional characters are available. For example, I can't find li (裡) character and it keep
    suggesting the other li (裏) that is not really for common use.

Any suggestion to fix this problem?

Thank you so much.

LestariM, Jul 20, 2022
  3. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Windows 10 version 1809. The problem is when I try to install the Microsoft Bopomofo pinyin input method under the Chinese (Taiwan) category.

It will be installed successfully. However, when I try to use it and switch to this input method, I can only input English instead and cannot get the normal input IME on my old laptop.

The error message is “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet”.

Any ideas? I don't think it is related to any language pack or so. I am able to get in the setup options of Microsoft Bopomofo. All settings are normal.

Warm regards,

Frankie

Fat Leung Frankie CHAN, Jul 20, 2022
  4. cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet in Windows 10 1809

This was previously answered in a post:

It looks like the IME dictionaries are not downloaded for the language pack due to which you are receiving that error message. I request you to follow the suggestion provided by Tiero Chi in the thread: Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on
    a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update and write back with the results.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

RickFran84, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready

1. cannot install traditional Chinese Taiwan , Showing IME setting not ready - Similar Threads - cannot install traditional

2. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet error and [0x8007007b] FIOReadFileIntoBuffer:1452:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet error and [0x8007007b] FIOReadFileIntoBuffer:1452:...: Hello Dear team,I was intended to install Chinese Traditional input method but error Traditional Chinese IME when i switch the method. i tried to run DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0 but still not working. i viewed the log file...
  3. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet error and [0x8007007b] FIOReadFileIntoBuffer:1452:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet error and [0x8007007b] FIOReadFileIntoBuffer:1452:...: Hello Dear team,I was intended to install Chinese Traditional input method but error Traditional Chinese IME when i switch the method. i tried to run DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0 but still not working. i viewed the log file...
  4. How to remove "Chinese Traditional, Taiwan Microsoft Quick"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Chinese Traditional, Taiwan Microsoft Quick": Hi,I am having an issue where I can't remove Chinese Traditional, Taiwan Microsoft Quick language pack. It appeared right after I reinstalled Windows 11 on my laptop. The model is Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503. Asus is a Taiwanian company and that's the only connection I see as...
  5. Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME: Hi, I had the WIndows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 which using a user account no admin right. And I installed the language Chinese Traditional , Hong Kong SAR and Microsoft Quick as input method .The installation is successful. However, I tried switch to this input method, I...
  6. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet: When I use Traditional Chinese IME, I can only type english. What's the problem?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traditional-chinese-ime-is-not-ready-yet/b64b6877-fb4e-4a09-9b6b-bb14186be453
  7. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10: laptop cmd“ DISM.exe / Online / Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0” [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traditional-chinese-ime-is-not-ready-yet-on/1b888f7c-a9e6-45dd-8598-b8c4388f7c8b
  8. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet in Windows 10 1809

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet in Windows 10 1809: I know in 1809, we need to download additional language pack to add Traditional Chinese IME, this is already done, and I can use other input method except "bopomofo", just notice me "is not ready yet", I would like to use 3rd party input, but doesn't support by Windows...
  9. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10: Hi Everyone, I am using a Windows 10 version 1809. The problem is when I try to install the Microsoft Bopomofo pinyin input method under the Chinese (Taiwan) category. It will be installed successfully. However, when I try to use it and switch to this input method, I can...
  10. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10: Hi folks, I have installed the language pack and added a keyboard. However, when I try to toggle between English and Chinese, a message keeps coming up saying “Traditional Chinese is not ready yet”. How should I resolve this? I have tried reinstalling the pack or...