Windows 10: Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

Discus and support Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a windows 10 system (latest version 1909) that is install to an SSD as UEFI. I also have a 2nd drive which is a standard HDD that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paulpies84, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

I currently have a windows 10 system (latest version 1909) that is install to an SSD as UEFI. I also have a 2nd drive which is a standard HDD that has 3 partitions. I want to install 7 to one of those partitions but when I attempted the install it will not install saying it cannot do it to that drive.

When I check in disk manager the SSD shows as GPT but the 2nd drive shows as MBR and I assume that is the issue.

How do I change the 2nd drive to GPT (if possible) without losing the info I currently have on it (which is about 1.5 TB)?

Thanks

Paul

:)

paulpies84, Nov 23, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

1. Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select - Similar Threads - Cannot install dual

2. Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot: Rufus (v3.14-latest copy we find) apparently doesn't work with Windows 10, and the Microsoft iso download of Windows 7 is a French or Korean version. What other options are there for instatlling a dual boot Win 7 with Win 10? 180498
  3. Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15: Hello everybody, I have been using dual boot OS in previous laptops, but this time I have been unable to install Windows 7 due to installation problems. Overall I´d like to know if Win7 can run on the HP Pavilion 15. I need it because several programs don´t work in Win 10...
  4. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  5. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  6. Install dual-boot 10 over 7

Install dual-boot 10 over 7: I created a separate partition, wanting to install a clean, dual-bootable Windows 10 on it, keeping the existing version of Windows 7. However, the installer went ahead and replaced Windows 7, and since there were some problems with sound in 10, I decided to revert back to 7,...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  8. Dual boot installation with Win 7 + 10 -- multiple issues

Dual boot installation with Win 7 + 10 -- multiple issues: I wanted to experiment with Win 10 while preserving my Win 7 x64 installation. I imaged my Win 7 to a new hdd which is formatted as GPT. I repaired the Win 7 copy using a Win 7 SP1 installation dvd and got it to boot in UEFI mode using the "Windows Boot Mgr" option in the...
  9. Unable to install windows 10 (dual boot) in win 7 laptop.

Unable to install windows 10 (dual boot) in win 7 laptop.: I have installed windows 7 64 bit now i want to install windows 10 in another hard disk partition because i want dual boot so i can use both win7 and win10. The problem is, when i try to install win 10 i cant select any drive to install and the error is like "The selected...
  10. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...