Windows 10: Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

Discus and support Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed an SSD drive in my PC and I was looking for install windows 10 on it but I find that I cannot run any other device as a boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerPeriañez, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

Hi, I have installed an SSD drive in my PC and I was looking for install windows 10 on it but I find that I cannot run any other device as a boot device except mi older HDD. With the other devices only shows Windows Logo for 1-3 seconds an restarts again the PC.
    I have tried:

-Disconnect all disks and leave only the SSD formatted and the USB installation device.

-Run USB in UEFI and Legacy and both didn't started

-Installed Win10 in the SSD in another machine a laptop and connect it again to the PC and doesn't work, when at the laptop both USB & SSD run properly Windows 10.

-Reset BIOS configuration.

-Tried to boot from another old HDD with Win7 and doesn't run also.

Seems like motherboard only wants to boot the current HDD

*Moved from Spanish Forum*

:)

RogerPeriañez, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Caramelo Win User
    Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

Caramelo, Nov 7, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

1. Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD - Similar Threads - Cannot install Win10

2. Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?: Im in the process of buying new components to build a new pc, its been at least 10 years since my last rebuild so out of the loop a little but wanted to know the process of installing WIN 10 on the new PC. My old pc had Win7 then the free upgrade came out and im now on...
  3. New SSD win10 install, advice please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD win10 install, advice please?: OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one drive slot so I can't clone it the way I've been told and I have not been able to find my product key as It wasn't stuck to the...
  4. May I migrate my SSD with Win10 installed to a new system?

May I migrate my SSD with Win10 installed to a new system?: Currently I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10 installed on an SSD, the laptop has an Intel CPU and integrated GPU, so of course it contains Intel drivers and all. Now, I am building a new system with an AMD processor and AMD graphics card. So I question if I can pull my...
  5. Installing Win10 On a New Pc Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 On a New Pc Problems: I have a brand new pc i’m trying to install windows on, by booting through a USB, i get all the way to installing windows, and about 30 seconds in, my pc restarts and starts at the beginning installing windows, i’ve tried a lot of thing. I can respond with my specs and...
  6. Cannot activate Win10 on new PC

Cannot activate Win10 on new PC: Hi I had PC1 with a Retail version of Win7, that I upgraded to Win8 then to Win10 I recently changed the whole PC (let's call it PC2), and I am retiring/selling PC1 (I intend to completely format it and sell it without any Windows License) PC1 License key was Linked to...
  7. New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User: I had to give up on Upgrade and instead do a fresh installation. But I am STILL having problems. Cannot add a new user. When I click "Add another person to this PC" absolututely nothing happens. I assume this is not the intended behaviour. Seems to have happened a bit...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?: I have duly upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10 and it is shown as 'Activated': I have also downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file and saved that to a DVD: I now want to change my boot HDD to an SSD. Would the following method make sense? 1. Install the SSD and clone my...
  9. Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop

Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop: Hello everyone, Here is my issue. I just got a deal on a brand new HP Probook 450 G3 that came with a 1To HDD and Windows 10 pre-installed. I used the spare money to purchase an Windows 7 Pro x64 license and a Sandisk 256Gb SSD. My intention was to pull the original HDD...
  10. win10 install to SSD

win10 install to SSD: Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and then try to install? 13087