Windows 10: Cannot Install Win10 on older system

Discus and support Cannot Install Win10 on older system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have an older system that has a BIOS and not a UEFI. The mobo is an Asus P6T Deluxe v2 with an I7 920. Read at some places that they got Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirPower4ever, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Cannot Install Win10 on older system

So I have an older system that has a BIOS and not a UEFI. The mobo is an Asus P6T Deluxe v2 with an I7 920. Read at some places that they got Win10 installed on this board, but no clear guide on how they did it or if they ran in to any issues during install. Currently it has Win7 Pro installed.

I used Rufus along with the Win10 1903 image and all went fine. When I booted the Win7 system with the thumb in a USB slot I went to the BIOS and selected the USB to boot from. All I get is the installation where it shows the Microsoft flag and that's it. Normally I would see below it the dots that go in a circle and then the installation questions begin. But here just the flag. I left the system like this and came back 8 hours later and still like this. So digging around I saw a part about turning off the vt in the BIOS so I did that, but same thing. I tried different versions of Rufus and still same thing.

Coming here to see what else I can try or what I may have missed.

Thank you

:)

AirPower4ever, Sep 26, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Now Win10 is out have you gone back to 8 or older?

Nope, slowly upgrading my fleet to Windows 10 as the time comes to reformat each machine.

Assuming you are talking about Mint 17 you list in your specs, that isn't newer, that's still older than Win10.

newtekie1, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    when I update win10 from older win10,meet error 0x8e5e03fa

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• When you say ‘when I update win10 from older win10’ are you referring to Windows updates?

• Are you able to boot to desktop?

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

Follow the Methods below.

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Method 1: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Also follow next Method and try to install Windows updates.

Method 2: Windows Update Troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Cannot Install Win10 on older system

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Install Win10 on older system

1. Cannot Install Win10 on older system - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Win10

2. On a Win10 system, certain DirectX run-time versions are not present and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a Win10 system, certain DirectX run-time versions are not present and cannot be installed: When running some DIrectX12 -capable programs:E.g. XAPOFX1_5.dll and D3DCOMPILER_43.dll. Neither x86-64 System32 folder or x86-32 SysWOW64 folder.Unironically, original XAPOFX1_4.dll and D3DCOMPILER_47.dll from latest DirectX update are there.All drivers and OS are...
  3. On a Win10 system, certain DirectX run-time versions are not present and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On a Win10 system, certain DirectX run-time versions are not present and cannot be installed: When running some DIrectX12 -capable programs:E.g. XAPOFX1_5.dll and D3DCOMPILER_43.dll. Neither x86-64 System32 folder or x86-32 SysWOW64 folder.Unironically, original XAPOFX1_4.dll and D3DCOMPILER_47.dll from latest DirectX update are there.All drivers and OS are...
  4. On a Win10 system, certain DirectX run-time versions are not present and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot install microsoft store on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install microsoft store on Win10: Hi all, i performed a clean install of Win10 and now i dont have Microsoft Store installed on my PC. yes, i've tried many of the suggestions on this site, to no avail. as an example i've tried various methods, including Powershell (Admin) Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore*...
  6. cannot install microsoft store on Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot install microsoft store on Win10: Hi all, i performed a clean install of Win10 and now i dont have Microsoft Store installed on my PC. yes, i've tried many of the suggestions on this site, to no avail. as an example i've tried various methods, including Powershell (Admin) Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore*...
  7. Older Win10 iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Older Win10 iso: Long story short, I dual boot Linux and windows and my windows install got messed up. No biggie, I go to do a clean install and realize I can't find my Win10 USB. So I find an iso, put it on a USB, and and try installing. However, I keep getting several different BSOD errors,...
  8. Cannot install an older version of Windows 10

Cannot install an older version of Windows 10: Hey y'all, I've had a very difficult time over the past two days simply trying to get an older, more compatible version of Windows 10 for my laptop. I need to install Windows 10, so naturally I went to download the Media Creation Tool. I ran it, and upon booting up the...
  9. Installing older Windows?

Installing older Windows?: Can an older Windows be installed on a notebook with Windows 10 pre-installed? LG Älteres Windows installieren?
  10. Cannot do System Image After Win10 Install of 1903

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot do System Image After Win10 Install of 1903: Strange things abound. I have used Macrium free for years and my first problem has emerged and wondered if it is centered around what I keep reading about; CBT. I try to do a back up and it starts off doing so and then I get an error code 9. Read up on Macrium forums and...