Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything

Discus and support Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had an HDD crash. Got a new SSD. Cannot install from USB using windows media creation tool or an iso with Ruffus. Boots to USB, Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Cestra, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything

So I had an HDD crash. Got a new SSD. Cannot install from USB using windows media creation tool or an iso with Ruffus. Boots to USB, Windows logo there, then weird blue scratch lines and reboots. Never installs. Tried multiple USB sticks and multiple downloads so it's not them. Installed Linux from USB no problem. Cannot get windows in. Even tried wiping the drive in case Linux gunked something up and no luck. Reset bios. Nope. Dell Inspiron 5000 serves laptop. Help!

:)

Kevin Cestra, Sep 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 15, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything

1. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB- literally tried everything - Similar Threads - Cannot install USB

2. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB: Hi,I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.Here's the situation:I have Windows Education running.I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows USB so, the USB has two partitions, one with the UEFI.I enter the BIOS and configure my setup, changing to boot from the USB...
  3. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB: Hi,I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.Here's the situation:I have Windows Education running.I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows USB so, the USB has two partitions, one with the UEFI.I enter the BIOS and configure my setup, changing to boot from the USB...
  4. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything: Hello,Over the past year or so my gaming PC has been subjected to the occasional BSOD, usually I just uninstall unnecessary 3rd party apps and my PC is fine. The usual stop code I receive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. But last week when I received a BSOD I got that exact stop...
  6. Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!: The text, and the icons are bigger. On every program I use. How do I fix this? How do I make it default size again? submitted by /u/ShirubaMasuta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0vj76/everything_is_bigger_literally_everything/
  7. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  8. Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.: I tried: Restarting Reinstalling Updating drivers Checked for corrupted drivers did /sfc scannow did chkdsk /f Updated windows Tried the uninstall and reinstall the ntdll.dll file the error message said that the .dll was loaded but they couldnt proceed with stuff and many...
  9. CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING

CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING: "We couldn't complete the update undoing changes" Is the message I have seen every time I try to update my pc to ----> Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 Also for some reason only every second or third restart I get the option to...
  10. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB: Hello guys, So I have an old HP laptop, and I am trying to install windows 10 on it. I've been trying to fix the problems for ages. Here is the thing, there is no windows at all in it, it just DOESN'T boot, I've used another PC to download windows 10 from the Creation Tool...