Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7

Discus and support Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently updated my CPU, Motherboard and RAM and windows would not boot so I have decided to upgrade to windows 10. I was previously on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CameronC187, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7

Hi,

I have recently updated my CPU, Motherboard and RAM and windows would not boot so I have decided to upgrade to windows 10.

I was previously on windows 7 64 bit.

I have created a bootable usb with windows 10 on it, however when I try to boot using it I am faced with an error.

It says that my PC needs to be repaired and the error code is 0xc0000225 and the file in question is \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

There appears to be no solution to fix this from the Recovery menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cam

:)

CameronC187, Feb 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7

Delta6326, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7

1. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Cannot install USB

2. Installing windows 7 from a USB KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 7 from a USB KEY: hello, I tried to install windows 7 from a usb key on my ACER-ASPIRE V5 PC, but after switching from F12 and launching the installation from the usb key, I get this error and then these proposals.How can I install windows 7? I used Rufus and an ISO file....
  3. Installing windows 7 from a USB KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 7 from a USB KEY: hello, I tried to install windows 7 from a usb key on my ACER-ASPIRE V5 PC, but after switching from F12 and launching the installation from the usb key, I get this error and then these proposals.How can I install windows 7? I used Rufus and an ISO file....
  4. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  5. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

7. USB Install in windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Install in windows 7?: I am running my old windows 7 disk in hyper-v, but I want to run it on my physical computer, but windows 7 doesn't support usb .30, which means that I can't use my moouse and my keyboard in windows 7. Is there a way to install the drivers wiithout needing an install disk? I...
  8. USB Install in windows 7?

USB Install in windows 7?: I am running my old windows 7 disk in hyper-v, but I want to run it on my physical computer, but windows 7 doesn't support usb .30, which means that I can't use my moouse and my keyboard in windows 7. Is there a way to install the drivers wiithout needing an install disk? I...
  9. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB: Hello guys, So I have an old HP laptop, and I am trying to install windows 10 on it. I've been trying to fix the problems for ages. Here is the thing, there is no windows at all in it, it just DOESN'T boot, I've used another PC to download windows 10 from the Creation Tool...
  10. cannot install windows 10 on USB

cannot install windows 10 on USB: windows 10 got downloaded onto my computer by auto updates but i have not installed it. I want to do a clean install but when i go to the windows download page it will not let me download.. I am assuming it is because it is already on my computer. can I get it off? or is...