Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure

Discus and support Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updating Windows 10 Home from 1803 to 1909 fails, because of which I cannot install my recently bought Windows 10 Pro edition. See other thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HannieD, Apr 19, 2020.

1. HannieD Win User

Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure

Updating Windows 10 Home from 1803 to 1909 fails, because of which I cannot install my recently bought Windows 10 Pro edition. See other thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-service-change-start-up-type/eceec477-be22-4f47-a1b2-7c079bea9835?messageId=ef7f4df3-c45d-4b0c-9516-97351f0a7795

:)

HannieD, Apr 19, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure

1. Cannot install Windows 10 Pro, due to updates failure - Similar Threads - Cannot install Pro

2. delete Windows 11 due to install failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete Windows 11 due to install failure: I have Windows 10 Home running on a fairly new laptop. I was offered the Windows 11 update, so I attempted to download and install it. However, it failed. Twice. I've seen this movie before, so I will stay on Windows 10. Where do I find the downloaded image file or whatever...
  3. delete Windows 11 due to install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete Windows 11 due to install failure: I have Windows 10 Home running on a fairly new laptop. I was offered the Windows 11 update, so I attempted to download and install it. However, it failed. Twice. I've seen this movie before, so I will stay on Windows 10. Where do I find the downloaded image file or whatever...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today: Hi All,I can't be alone. I ran windows update tonight and after my PC rebooted I had no input or output media devices. It refuses to do more updates. I even had to manually get a admin command window open. So, all messed up really. I tried.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. Windows 10 pro install failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro install failure: Installing 10 pro on a 7. Got an Error Code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000The purchase was made through a current account, but after the purchase the confirmation info said it would all be sent to an email address that I haven't used in over a decade! Help! Every time I try to use the...
  6. Windows 10 pro install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro install failure: Installing 10 pro on a 7. Got an Error Code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000The purchase was made through a current account, but after the purchase the confirmation info said it would all be sent to an email address that I haven't used in over a decade! Help! Every time I try to use the...
  7. Windows 10 pro install failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 pro cannot install the latest update

Windows 10 pro cannot install the latest update: Hi, Windows cannot install the latest update. It says: “Your version of Windows has reached the end of service. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security enhancements". I do not understand what it means. My...
  9. cannot install updates for windows 10 pro.

cannot install updates for windows 10 pro.: when I try to run an update I see this. your device is missing important security and quality fixes. when I run update this is what I get. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  10. Windows 10 update broken due to power failure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update broken due to power failure: Dear friends, I have not studied software but I am using windows 10 for the last four years. I was using a tablet DELL VENUE 11 PRO 5130. The main battery of it dead now and I was using it pluged in to the line. Once it asked me to update and I cliked yes. Unfortunately the...