Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

Discus and support Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Rufus (v3.14-latest copy we find) apparently doesn't work with Windows 10, and the Microsoft iso download of Windows 7 is a French or Korean version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tipiford, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Tipiford Win User

Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

Rufus (v3.14-latest copy we find) apparently doesn't work with Windows 10, and the Microsoft iso download of Windows 7 is a French or Korean version. What other options are there for instatlling a dual boot Win 7 with Win 10?

:)

Tipiford, Jun 3, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

1. Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot - Similar Threads - Cannot install dual

2. Dual boot windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows 7: Hello everyone, I need to install to my laptop 2 different systems windows 7 and windows 10 for dual boot. Systems will be clean installed as no any systems installed yet. And those systems will be installed to GPT structured HDD. I need your recommendation which system...
  3. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  4. Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select

Cannot install win 7 as dual boot as it can't be install to the select: I currently have a windows 10 system (latest version 1909) that is install to an SSD as UEFI. I also have a 2nd drive which is a standard HDD that has 3 partitions. I want to install 7 to one of those partitions but when I attempted the install it will not install saying it...
  5. How to install dual boot windows 7 & Windows 10?

How to install dual boot windows 7 & Windows 10?: i already installed windows 10 in my lenovo ideapad 320. It has UEFI & GPT Partition.when i was trying to install windows 7 these are im getting errors 1) stucked on boot logo ( In MBR) 2) keyboard & mouse won't working (In GPT) tried UEFI & legacy mode __/\__ none of them...
  6. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  7. Install dual-boot 10 over 7

Install dual-boot 10 over 7: I created a separate partition, wanting to install a clean, dual-bootable Windows 10 on it, keeping the existing version of Windows 7. However, the installer went ahead and replaced Windows 7, and since there were some problems with sound in 10, I decided to revert back to 7,...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...
  9. Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10

Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10: Currently I'm running Windows 10 fall creators update Pro-64 bit. For some unavoidable reason I need to install Windows 7 Ultimate alongside Windows 10 (dual boot). But whenever I'm trying to install windows 7 it's saying "Your computer is already running newer version of...
  10. Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10

Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10: Hi All, I already have Windows 10 Home x64 on my notebook. I had upgraded from Windows 8.1. I have never had Windows 7 on this system. I want to dual boot install Windows 7 on a partition so that I can play some games that are not compatible with Windows 10. *Sad I...