Windows 10: Cannot install Windows on completed build

Discus and support Cannot install Windows on completed build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Setup: I just built this machine: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQj4mr and am trying to install windows on it. 1 I can login to the BIOS and check that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mhr22, Nov 28, 2022.

1. mhr22 Win User

Cannot install Windows on completed build

Setup: I just built this machine: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQj4mr and am trying to install windows on it. 1 I can login to the BIOS and check that CPU, memory and SSD have all been installed. 2 I created a bootable USB of the Windows 11 iso image. 3 I click Install in the Windows 11 Installer to try to check. 4 When on the screen, "Where do you want to install Windows?" There is only 1 Unallocated Partition. I then Click continue and it errors very quickly with: -- Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the

:)

mhr22, Nov 28, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot install Windows on completed build :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 28, 2022
  4. SirYandi Win User

Windows 7 install hangs at "completing installation"

Fix: Windows 7 install hangs at "completing installation"

I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply as it came up right at the top my google search for "install windows freezes on completing installation".

Hi all,

Follow each point carefully and hopefully you'll avoid the frustration I went through! I find singing to myself semi-manically helps during such times...

To begin

Minimize comp configuration:
    - Only 1 HDD; simply unplug all HDDs except the one you'll be installing to
    - Only one chip of RAM (2GB in my case); (primary ram slot is usually closest to the processor)
    - Only PS2 keyboard; (actually worked for me using USB keyboard)
    - Should be fine to leave your video card/wireless card in

So, the back of your computer should now only have a power cable, DVI/VGA/HDMI and PS2/USB keyboard plugged in. Also, possibly a USB stick if you're using a USB flash drive to install (guide to creating a bootable Windows install flash drive here: How to Install Windows 7 Via a USB Drive | The Mighty Geek)

Step 0, Optimize HDD as recommended at : (SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation) I found this worked best by using CMD both to "cleanall" (not just "clean") and format NTFS

Step 1, Ensure BIOS boot order is set to boot from CD/DVD (or USB flash drive). With the Windows 7 DVD (or USB Flash drive) in your DVD drive , press any key when prompted 'Press any key to boot from CD / DVD...', as soon as the message is gone, quickly press F8 to show the boot options list. Select Safe Mode and install 7. It will allow the initial stages & file copying.

Step 2, When the Window 7 installation has completed all the stages, such as copying, expanding, installing features, and then installing updates, it is going to restart; REMOVE THE DVD/USB BEFORE THE RESTART! Once restarted, you can reconfigure BIOS to boot from your HDD (if you miss this then you will be you will be prompted to choose the boot device, choose HDD).

Step 3, When 7 restarts for the first time, spam F8 and select 'safe mode'. When you boot to SAFE MODE wait for a few minutes at the "SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS FOR THE FIRST TIME" screen, then you'll get the popup that states "WINDOWS CANNOT CONTINUE SETUP IN SAFE MODE, CLICK OK TO RESTART"
    NOTE: DO NOT restart, AND DO NOT click on the 'X' (close button) in the upper-right of the pop-up. You are going to do steps 4, 5 & 6 first before clicking to restart!!!!!

Step 4, Simply press SHIFT+F10 (possibility of not working with USB keyboards although worked for me) - that will bring up a COMMAND PROMPT after a few seconds.

Step 5 From there you can enter COMPMGMTLAUNCHER

Step 6: Go to your device manager and disable:
    - ALL your drivers that display the YELLOW TRIANGLE.
    - ALL "unknown" device(s) drivers in any category.
    (this can be time consuming using only a keyboard so use the "tab" key to cycle through menus, the "D" key to disable drivers and the "Y" key to confirm)

Also keep in mind that Video is always a huge culprit... just disable ALL unknown devices and ALL yellow triangles...

If you DO NOT know which is causing the problem AND you CANNOT see an obvious with a YELLOW TRIANGLE or EXCLAMATION POINT in Device Manager then try disabling any and changing any services from automatic to disabled for any that you don't recognize or that seem VENDOR (software or hardware) specific.

Step 7: Once you have disabled all of your drivers press alt+F4 to exit. You can now close command window by clicking ok on the dialog box. Windows will now use a standard (with less functionality) when it restarts. The final setup should now complete successfully.

Once the installation has finished (congratulations by the way) and you actually have a screen up & running you should be able to install your original drivers as well as re-enable these and devices A really useful site to identify/audit the components you'll need to download drivers for can be found at Belarc Advisor - Belarc, Inc.

Note: If you successfully install Windows 7 using this guide, but but are left with a corrupted or missing driver(s), I would suggest enabling only the internet driver and re-downloading all your drivers from the manufacture site.

I didn't write this entirely myself; I compiled and edited information from a few sources after exhausting a silly amount of options and time trying to fix this issue. Credit goes to SheilaP from http://social.technet.microsoft.com...66-17c6-46e8-94e2-dd39b5b504c1?prof=required; and MKtorn from Windows 7 Freezes at "Completing Installation" - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helped!

SirYandi

SirYandi, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot install Windows on completed build - Similar Threads - Cannot install completed

2. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...: My computer would not update correctly so I reset it, but when I try to reset it, it stops at 81%, boots into windows but does not let me use my computer. When I tried to launch is safe mode it gave me the response "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To...
  3. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...: My computer would not update correctly so I reset it, but when I try to reset it, it stops at 81%, boots into windows but does not let me use my computer. When I tried to launch is safe mode it gave me the response "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To...
  4. Cannot install Windows on completed build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows on completed build: Setup: I just built this machine: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQj4mr and am trying to install windows on it. 1 I can login to the BIOS and check that CPU, memory and SSD have all been installed. 2 I created a bootable USB of the Windows 11 iso image. 3 I click Install in...
  5. Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,: Hello,So I am having trouble installing the 22H2 update.Whenever making an attempt to install, the following happens:-Installs-Prompts for restart which I allow to proceed-Exits windows and goes to "Updates are underway. x% complete. Please keep your computer on."-Once that...
  6. Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,: Hello,So I am having trouble installing the 22H2 update.Whenever making an attempt to install, the following happens:-Installs-Prompts for restart which I allow to proceed-Exits windows and goes to "Updates are underway. x% complete. Please keep your computer on."-Once that...
  7. Cannot install fonts, build 17713

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install fonts, build 17713: On one of the newest windows builds, build 17713, I cannot install any fonts anymore. I was going to install Roboto when I got an error. The error is: "The file.... does not appear to be a valid font." The files all are in .ttf format. I am logged in as an admin. I...
  8. Build 11082 fails to complete installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 11082 fails to complete installation: Starting a new thread as the search function didn't find any posts about installation failure similar to my issue. I am an "Insider", on the fast ring. Build 11082 fails to install, no error messages are shown. The 1st stage (installing files) appears to complete OK. System...
  9. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function: Hello Everyone. I have an issue regarding my HP Deskjet 2540 Printer. Whenever I install the printer it says the printer was unable to be installed correctly. I then do it USB way, still same thing... I finally then proceed to manually install the printer using Windows, it...
  10. Windows cannot complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot complete installation: Hi, I've getting this error after completing setup of Windows 10 (education edition) can anyone help? I've tried the mmc and msoobe fixes but they are not helping. MMC results in error message Class not registered and msobe does not do anything, just goes to a new line...