Windows 10: Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.

Discus and support Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP EliteDesk 800. I reset the PC and Windows reinstalled but without its regular apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. I reset it again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gwood312, Jan 11, 2021.

1. gwood312 Win User

Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.

I have an HP EliteDesk 800. I reset the PC and Windows reinstalled but without its regular apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. I reset it again and same thing.

I found there is a PowerShell command to run to install the whole package, but I get this error:

Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. ed01b209-4270-403c-8a2b-9f1f064ee214?upload=true.png

Any ideas?

:)

gwood312, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 11, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. - Similar Threads - Cannot install preinstalled

2. Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc): I went to download something through the windows app store and ran across this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings...
  3. Microsoft Store Won't Install Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Won't Install Mail and Calendar: This is the 3rd time I am facing problems with Mail and other apps not installing in MS Store and I don't want to do a system reset again just to fix it. I have a Dell Inspiron 3280 AIO with Windows 10 on it. I had been noticing: 1. Microsoft Store wasn't installing apps 2....
  4. All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store

All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store: Hi, I am experiencing an issue on every app that i try to open which came with windows "There’s a problem with OneNoteAll Apps. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator". I can only run Third Party applications like chrome for...
  5. default apps cannot open like calculator, sticky, store, etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    default apps cannot open like calculator, sticky, store, etc: need help ! I just fresh install last time and just realize i cannot open those default apps, like calculator and photo every tips on internet already tried until "sfc /scannow" show it not find any integrity violation but when iam in clean boot, i can open those...
  6. Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.

Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.: I already tried the following steps following an earlier post : 1. wsreset.exe 2. Command Prompt (Admin) - powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml 3. Tried Troubleshooting...
  7. Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.): Hi guys! I'm having this problem since yesterday, and I can't find anyone with the same problem. I have this problem where no microsoft applications work. I can't open Edge, Windows Store or Photos app. When I want to open them, there is absolutely 0 response. No...
  8. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems: Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens. The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are pending, but when I try to download them I get an error as response (download seem to work, while installation don't). I tried...
  9. Mail & Calendar App Update Now In Store

Mail & Calendar App Update Now In Store: New Mail & Calendar App Update Ready in Store Version 17.6568. 46331.0 Just done mine and downloaded and installed ok 44385
  10. Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.): So I recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I am having an issue with clicking certain buttons. When I open the Mail app for the first time, I click on the "+" sign to add an account and it will not let me click on the button ( Well i can click it but nothing...