Windows 10: Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

Discus and support Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a domain joined Windows 10 PC(1809), for the duration of a new users' first logon, they are unable to interact with explorer.exe's Title bars. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanIsabelle1, May 13, 2019.

1. Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

On a domain joined Windows 10 PC(1809), for the duration of a new users' first logon, they are unable to interact with explorer.exe's Title bars. For example. Clicking on the 'x' at the top right of the window does nothing. Users are also unable to click and drag the window using the title bar. The problem is only resolved by logging out and back in.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here and also how to fix it?

:)

RyanIsabelle1, May 13, 2019
  2. DJC
    djc Win User

Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

3. HenkMS Win User
    Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

Hi Loraine, thanks for your answer.

The High contrast settings are changing all colours in a direction that I do not like at all.

It's for business and I try to stay more or less close to the Windows 7 settings.

The result with the original too bright title bars is:

Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon b056ee74-209f-49de-b837-c7ae99c3feac.jpg

After setting the AccentColorInactive to b8b4b0 (BGR), the result is:

Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon 4ccf92f8-7e22-4c14-af6a-ab23c8aea1b6.jpg

Now you can now see 2 problems that I have:

• The File Explorer title bar gets a poor text contrast, while the Notepad title bar is OK. This is related to the presence of buttons in the File Explorer title bar.

The text colour in the File Explorer title bar is the same as without the grey background.

In the Notepad window the text colour gets darker than the original color.

The addition of colors seems to happen in a different way.
    • The Windows 10 Settings window has a blue title bar when active and a still a white title bar when inactive.

The AccentColorInactive parameter does not set that color.
    It would be nice if Microsoft could improve the colour experience.

Just an additional button "Show color on inactive title bar".

HenkMS, May 13, 2019
  4. Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

changing size of title bars, menues, etc, in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

With the information that you've provided, I understand that you wish to change the title bar, menus of File Explorer to bold, correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X key and select Control Panel.
    • Select Display.
    • Select the item that you wish to make bold from the drop down menu.
    • Check the box next to Bold and click on Apply.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

1. Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon - Similar Threads - Cannot interact title

2. In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.: I've been working on a gold image to introduce Windows 11 into our Agency. I've run across an issue while applying policy regarding Interactive Logon title and text. They appear centered on the screen rather than the usual left-justified we still see on the Windows 10 boxes...
  3. In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.: I've been working on a gold image to introduce Windows 11 into our Agency. I've run across an issue while applying policy regarding Interactive Logon title and text. They appear centered on the screen rather than the usual left-justified we still see on the Windows 10 boxes...
  4. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  5. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  6. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

in Cortana
    Search Bar cannot be interacted with.: Clicking on the search bar on the task bar does nothing, pressing the windows key opens the start menu but doesn't allow for typing in the search box. The search bar in File Explorer behaves similarly. This is likely a result of my tampering with certain files earlier, namely...
  7. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar cannot be interacted with.: Clicking on the search bar on the task bar does nothing, pressing the windows key opens the start menu but doesn't allow for typing in the search box. The search bar in File Explorer behaves similarly. This is likely a result of my tampering with certain files earlier, namely...
  8. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

9. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  10. Interactive Logon and VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interactive Logon and VPN: This is probably a silly question, but our users are working remotely and would like to get notifications for when their AD password is going to expire. I was going to use the Group Policy "Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration". Based on the...