Windows 10: Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account

Discus and support Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, since two weeks I cannot invite my childs e-mail to our Microsoft Family account. After I click on inviting and write in the e-mail address... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZoltanBerecz, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account

Hi there,

since two weeks I cannot invite my childs e-mail to our Microsoft Family account. After I click on inviting and write in the e-mail address I want to invite I get the error massage "The error is not in your PC. Wait some minutes and try again." See the error message on the attached pict. So this goes for all the two weeks.

I have tried from another point: login with my childs account and ask a parental permission for that account. In this case I also get an error message.

Help me, please.

Thx:

Z. Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account 2668ad03-2faa-4885-aefa-a329dec804db?upload=true.jpg

:)

ZoltanBerecz, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hi,

Kindly answer the following questions to further clarify your concern:

• After inviting the child Microsoft account and accepting the invitation, did you check if the child Microsoft account can see your Microsoft account as a parent and other Microsoft accounts that belong to your family setup?
    • Have you checked if the same issue will occur when using a new Microsoft account?
    • What happens when you accept the invitation when using the child Microsoft account? Do you see any messages? If so, kindly provide us those messages.
    • Is this the first time you're setting up a Microsoft family account?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account

child in ms family - resend the invitation

Hi Sudibar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is issue while resending the child invitation.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you able to see the child account on family list in the family safety website?

2. Are you getting any error message when you try to resend the invitation to child's email address?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the family safety troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9836307

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account

1. Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account - Similar Threads - Cannot invite child

2. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  3. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  4. Cannot send invites from my family safety account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot send invites from my family safety account: Hello,I am having continuous trouble sending an invite as the organiser of my family safety group. Furthermore, when my partner set up the group and tried to invite both my son and myself we are unable to accept it.I have been passed around to various teams on your live chat...
  5. Cannot send invites from my family safety account

Cannot send invites from my family safety account: Hello,I am having continuous trouble sending an invite as the organiser of my family safety group. Furthermore, when my partner set up the group and tried to invite both my son and myself we are unable to accept it.I have been passed around to various teams on your live chat...
  6. microsoft family invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  7. microsoft family invite

microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  8. Microsoft Family Invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Invite: I received an invite for Microsoft Family Safety and it says it came from someone that has been stalking me. Is there a way to find the IP address of the person that sent the invite?...
  9. Microsoft Family Invite

Microsoft Family Invite: I received an invite for Microsoft Family Safety and it says it came from someone that has been stalking me. Is there a way to find the IP address of the person that sent the invite?...
  10. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts: Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. CV: nrTffXv4lU6OSy92.36.29.8 This has been going on for a couple of...