Windows 10: Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gadisam, Jul 28, 2019.

1. gadisam Win User

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail.
    I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum:
    Open File Explorer, click/tap on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click/tap on Join now (button) or Join homegroup (ribbon),
    but I have NO Homegroup button/tab in my File Explorer!

Also, some other hints that I found on the web tell you to do it via Control Panel/Homegroup, but in my Control Panel, there are NO homegroup options!

So what do I do?

:)

gadisam, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Joining a homegroup

Hi,

Homegroup networks are created mainly for sharing files and devices with other computers. We'd like to learn more about you concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to join the homegroup?
    • Who created the homegroup?
    • Do you have the homegroup password?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Jul 28, 2019
  3. JJDWwii Win User
    cant creat homegroup only join windos 10 but nothing to join

I have tried all the things you have listed and still all my PCs say Join not one of the says create. So i turned each one off 1 by 1 and i fould that if i loged my Front Room PC off i thne can create a home group with my PC. but as soon as i turn the Front
    room PC back on then all my PCs go back to JOIN even the one in the front room. any other things i can try thanks

JJDWwii, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

cant creat homegroup only join windos 10 but nothing to join

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you using an Administrator or a standard account?

• Are all Network drivers on your computers updated?

• Are you already on an existing Home group?
    If you are already on a Homegroup you cannot join one more, I suggest you to run the
    Homegroup troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Refer the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on “Network and Internet”,

• Select “Home Group”. (You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice)

• Click on “Next” and then follow the instructions on your screen.
    I would also suggest to open control panel>Networking and Sharing Places>

If the troubleshooter doesn’t help refer to the steps provided in the link below to troubleshoot Homegroup issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Note: Applicable to Windows 10.

You can also refer the below article to know more about setting a Home group.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab3&v2h=win7tab1

Note: Applicable to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

1. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot join homegroup

2. Joining a HomeGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  3. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  4. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers: I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still...
  5. Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup: So I am on Windows 10 now. Was on Windows 7 ultimate prior to upgrading. I have my NAS setup on my router upstairs but every so often it gets knocked offline (Not sure if that's the drive or network issue) but I was wondering if there was an easy way to join the homegroup...
  6. Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup: I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network. On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7. I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10. On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT. I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs. I lost the...
  7. Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.

Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.: [img] I have 3 computers running Windows 10. Two were upgraded from Windows 7, and one from Windows 8. May not have had the Homegroup working properly before, and I think I had created one some time ago. I don't know what the password was. But, now that all of the machines...
  8. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup! p2p.svc,PNRP.svc,PeerNetworkingGroup OFF!!!

Cannot join HomeGroup! p2p.svc,PNRP.svc,PeerNetworkingGroup OFF!!!: since I upgraded to the 10162 Build I cannot connect to my Home Group like before. The p2p.svc,PNRP svc and the Peer Networking Grouping svc is off!! as a matter of fact there is no " idstore.sst " in the folder that it normally is in. C:\Windows\Service...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join existing homegroup network