Windows 10: Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10

Discus and support Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to upgrade to windows 10, I only get the option to keep my files not my apps. Even my OS is up to date. Can anyone please help me with this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sutapa3651, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10

When I try to upgrade to windows 10, I only get the option to keep my files not my apps. Even my OS is up to date. Can anyone please help me with this?

:)

Sutapa3651, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Mail app in Windows 1.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• If the app is not updated.
    • If the app is not synced properly.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2:
    If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

Note: Try all the steps except App Troubleshooter and the ones that you have already tried.

Refer to the articles for additional information.

How to sync Google services with Windows

Mail app for Windows

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10

1. Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot keep apps

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot keep my apps during upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10: When I try to upgrade to windows 10, I only get the option to keep my files not my apps. Even my OS is up to date. Can anyone please help me with this?...
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8: After upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 8, i've been experiencing intermittent BSODs, where some days it would boot fine and randomly on the next day, for example, it would boot and after probably loading up something incompatible it would BSOD, and gives me an error...