Windows 10: Cannot Keep updates uninstalled

Discus and support Cannot Keep updates uninstalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall updates KB4556803 and KB4552925 because they basically broke my computer. I used the 'uninstall an update' system to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ayila-mereel, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Cannot Keep updates uninstalled

I am trying to uninstall updates KB4556803 and KB4552925 because they basically broke my computer. I used the 'uninstall an update' system to uninstall both, and it says to restart my computer to complete the uninstall.
    The problem is that while restarting, it automatically runs the update again, even though I've paused automatic updates.
    How do I completely get these off my computer?

I tried the "Hide and show updates tool", and it does nothing. it doesn't detect any updates to hide.

:)

Ayila-mereel, Aug 18, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot Keep updates uninstalled :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 19, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot Keep updates uninstalled :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Cannot Keep updates uninstalled

can't uninstall KB3132372

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error while uninstalling KB3132372.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is error message / error code you are getting
      uninstalling KB3132372?
    • What happens when you try to uninstall KB3132372?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs & Features and check.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ X key
    • Select Programs & Features
    • Click on View Installed Updates
    • Select the update > Click Uninstall

Please update us with the required information. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Keep updates uninstalled

1. Cannot Keep updates uninstalled - Similar Threads - Cannot Keep updates

2. problematic windows 10 update cannot be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problematic windows 10 update cannot be uninstalled: Some windows updates were recently installed on my PC. Following this, I have been unable to access the internet, though network access by Ethernet and WiFi are OK and other devices on the network have no problems. The network diagnostics on the PC show that the adapters are...
  3. problematic windows 10 update cannot be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problematic windows 10 update cannot be uninstalled: Some windows updates were recently installed on my PC. Following this, I have been unable to access the internet, though network access by Ethernet and WiFi are OK and other devices on the network have no problems. The network diagnostics on the PC show that the adapters are...
  4. problematic windows 10 update cannot be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot uninstall updates due to login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall updates due to login issue: I restarted my Laptop windows 10 , while it was installing a feature update coz it was stuck at 90% for 3 hours.My laptop couldn't boot and went to automatic repair and sent me to Advanced options for repair. I chose uninstall updates option but it asked me to login to my...
  6. Cannot uninstall updates due to login issue

Cannot uninstall updates due to login issue: I restarted my Laptop windows 10 , while it was installing a feature update coz it was stuck at 90% for 3 hours.My laptop couldn't boot and went to automatic repair and sent me to Advanced options for repair. I chose uninstall updates option but it asked me to login to my...
  7. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  8. Cannot update uninstaller log file

Cannot update uninstaller log file: I'm installing some old scooby doo games and are having trouble with getting them to run. So I uninstalled the game and are trying to reinstall it, but when i go trough The Learning Company Setup and get to the installation part it gets to 26% then a error measage pops up...
  9. Manually uninstalled update keeps reinstalling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually uninstalled update keeps reinstalling: I am trying to uninstall KB4569745 because it breaks my keyboard but after I uninstall it keeps automatically reinstalling. I also have updates paused submitted by /u/SonOfStarGod [link] [comments]...
  10. Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled

Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled: Hello, The computer hasn't been used much since 2016. Now, there is a problem with Windows 10 installing updates. Have tried many different solutions proposed online from different articles with no luck. Many suggested uninstalling updates which would give an error that the...