Windows 10: Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge

Discus and support Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason none of the default apps in Windows 10 (e.g. Calculator, Camera or Edge) launch. Mail and Calendar do. I have tried extensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Casewindow, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge

For some reason none of the default apps in Windows 10 (e.g. Calculator, Camera or Edge) launch. Mail and Calendar do.

I have tried extensive checking of permissions on folders as per the Microsoft help articles but none of this works. I have tried the Windows app Store troubleshooter and repairing or resetting apps.

This is the error I get in the Event Viewer:

Activation for Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed. Error code: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed.. Activation phase: No phase defined

I am running Windows 10, 1809, 17763.194

:)

Casewindow, Jan 6, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge :(

puma99dk|, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Smart selection in Edge

Thank you for the quick response. We suggest resetting your Microsoft edge. This will reset all your default app to its default settings including Microsoft Edge. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type in Settings in Cortana search box.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Apps.
    • Select Default apps on the left pane of the window.
    • Click on Reset located on the Default apps list.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

John Fer, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge

1. Cannot launch any of the default apps in Windows 10 including Edge - Similar Threads - Cannot launch default

2. Cannot launch any files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch any files.: From the file explorer / windows explorer / Or the Desktop. Double clicking a file does nothing. Right clicking the file and choosing 'open with', then choosing any listed app... does nothing.File icons show proper association. Word, excel, PDF, html, MPG, etc etc.Event...
  3. Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10: REFERRED FROM XBOX SUPPORT TO SEEK WINDOWS SUPPORTI have reinstalled Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool with the option to Keep My Files, this has resolved one of the errors however I still cannot launch any games via the Xbox App.The File System Error with the...
  4. Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10: REFERRED FROM XBOX SUPPORT TO SEEK WINDOWS SUPPORTI have reinstalled Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool with the option to Keep My Files, this has resolved one of the errors however I still cannot launch any games via the Xbox App.The File System Error with the...
  5. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch any game: Hi if someone know what is the problem please write it. I bought a new GPU an RX570 8gb. I downloaded the driver, and everything was working right. Then I saw on youtube that I should uninstall the old GPU from my PC with DDU. I did but not in safe mod, and when I restarted...
  6. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot launch any game: Hi if someone know what is the problem please write it. I bought a new GPU an RX570 8gb. I downloaded the driver, and everything was working right. Then I saw on youtube that I should uninstall the old GPU from my PC with DDU. I did but not in safe mod, and when I restarted...
  7. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Default browser setting will not stick including Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser setting will not stick including Edge: We have multiple Windows 10 Pro machines where the default browser for any domain user will be set to nothing upon login. We can set the default browser to Edge or anything else, but as soon as the user signs out and back in the setting is lost and there is no default set,...
  9. Windows 10 - I cannot launch ANY application in Administrator mode including CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - I cannot launch ANY application in Administrator mode including CMD: I have 1. Tried lowering the User Account Control level 2. Setting my account specifically to Administrator 3. Switching off my AVG antivirus None of these has helped There is no message when I attempt to launch an application in administrator mode. It simply seems to...
  10. Default Windows 10 Apps Not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows 10 Apps Not launching: So about a few days ago after fixing my winodws croupted files using the dism code thing windows got an update i updated and restarted like usual and two days ago when i turn my pc on my start ment notification center dont work or ny of my microsoft related apps such as store...