Windows 10: Cannot launch App

Discus and support Cannot launch App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Today suddenly I got lots of never-ending error pop-up on some apps stating: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by hinox79, Feb 22, 2020.

1. hinox79 Win User

Cannot launch App

Today suddenly I got lots of never-ending error pop-up on some apps stating:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

The apps:

• SynapticsIncorporated.SmartAudio3
    • Lenovo Vantage
    • MicrosoftOfficeHub

It seems it does not have access to particular package under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XXXX

Googling around, I decided to remove those packages:

Get-AppxPackage ?{$_.packagefullname -like '*SmartAudio*'}

Get-AppxPackage ?{$_.packagefullname -like '*Lenovo*'}

Get-AppxPackage ?{$_.packagefullname -like '*MicrosoftOfficeHub*'}

Get-AppxPackage ?{$_.packagefullname -like '*Skype*'}

This error apparently occurs on new apps that I installed from Windows Store. Magically, some previously installed apps ~ which i never run before, e.g. OneNote, Candy Crush ~ are OK.

Please help how to fix this issue.. I'll need to reinstall those that I removed previously

Thank you

:)

hinox79, Feb 22, 2020

2. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cannot launch App

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot launch App

1. Cannot launch App - Similar Threads - Cannot launch App

2. .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.: Hello there. I'm facing serious problem right now. I wanted to learn JavaScript and have to download the language. The language file is in .msi types. When I want to install, as it almost finished installing, the error popped up and said: [ATTACH] I tried to look up in the...
  3. Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app: Hello all. My os is acting strange. Noticed some time ago while playing games... blue popup box would open on its own and say "This app can't open. There's a problem with Xbox Game Bar..." I would dismiss it a couple times then it would go away. Didn't think much of it as I...
  4. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  5. Apps not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps not launching: My stock Microsoft apps i.e. photos, aren’t opening. I have contacted Microsoft support numerous times and all of them give me the same response. I try all the ways they suggest to fix it and nothing works. It all started after updating from 2018 windows 10 to 2019 windows...
  6. Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10: Recently windows 10 started giving me strange issues, the search bar woulnt let me type anything and I couldnt use the search bar in the file explorer. Microsoft edge wouldnt connect and just kept giving me an error code 0x8027025b. I tried restarting but no results and then...
  7. apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  8. cannot launch camera app

cannot launch camera app: when I try to launch the camera app, this is what I see. Any help would be appreciated! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-launch-camera-app/4700002e-ce36-4b3a-991b-5573fe138ff9
  9. App not launching

App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...
  10. "Tips" app cannot launch

"Tips" app cannot launch: I launched tips app,it always loading and didn't loding successful.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tipsapp-cannot-launch/b52bff4c-3e14-495b-89c2-7dbc949fe8da