Windows 10: cannot launch camera app

Discus and support cannot launch camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I try to launch the camera app, this is what I see. Any help would be appreciated! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barrenjer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Barrenjer Win User

cannot launch camera app

when I try to launch the camera app, this is what I see. Any help would be appreciated!

cannot launch camera app e6423733-276a-4871-a475-78c7818bda31?upload=true.png

:)

Barrenjer, Mar 19, 2019
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Mar 19, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 19, 2019
  4. cannot launch camera app

Camera App In Newly Installed Windows 10 Will Not Launch!!

Hi Brad,

Sorry to know that Camera app and other camera apps are not working.

What error do you get when you open Camera app?

If you are using Windows 10, then try the steps below.

For camera app issue, try the steps below.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Install the drivers from the Lenovo for the Camera.

If no drivers are available for Windows 10, then try to install the old drivers in Compatibility Mode and check.

Integrated Camera Driver (1.0M ) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - Notebook - FR

Try to install the drivers in Compatibility Mode and check if it helps.

• Download the driver and then right-click on it.
    • Click Properties, then on Compatibility tab.
    • Select Compatibility Mode. Click Ok. Then try to install it.
    For reference:

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Camera app and webcams help:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

cannot launch camera app

1. cannot launch camera app - Similar Threads - cannot launch camera

2. Launching Camera app displaying icon I can't identify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Launching Camera app displaying icon I can't identify: We are running into an odd image when launching the Camera app shown below. The camera is not showing but this icon is not telling me what the problem is. Anyone know what this may mean?...
  3. Camera launch problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera launch problem: I wanted to take a picture in the Camera app on Windows 10, this problem occurs: [ATTACH] Can you please help me? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-launch-problem/580eaf7c-4356-4f00-8d1b-3983a820a8cb
  4. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings: My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone." All of my settings allow everything to use the camera, but the camera app still...
  5. Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app: Hello all. My os is acting strange. Noticed some time ago while playing games... blue popup box would open on its own and say "This app can't open. There's a problem with Xbox Game Bar..." I would dismiss it a couple times then it would go away. Didn't think much of it as I...
  6. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  7. CAMERA UNABLE TO LAUNCH

CAMERA UNABLE TO LAUNCH: HEY TEAM, MY CAMERA APP HAS BEEN FAULTY LATELY IVE ONLY EVER USED IT ONCE ON ZOOM AND IT HASNT WORKED EVER SINCE. IVE TRIED ALL THE SELF HELP SUGGESTIONS AND MEASURES. STILL IT ISNT WORKING AND SUPER FRUSTRATING. THIS LAPTOP IS BRAND NEW ONLY 2 MONTHS! PLEASE...
  8. Cannot launch App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot launch App: Today suddenly I got lots of never-ending error pop-up on some apps stating: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The apps: SynapticsIncorporated.SmartAudio3 Lenovo Vantage...
  9. "Tips" app cannot launch

"Tips" app cannot launch: I launched tips app,it always loading and didn't loding successful.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tipsapp-cannot-launch/b52bff4c-3e14-495b-89c2-7dbc949fe8da
  10. Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions

Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions: Windows Camera App will not launch. Screen shows... We Need Your Permission To use this app, open Privacy settings, and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone. troubleshooting already attempted 1. ensure camera app has permission to...