Windows 10: Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10

Discus and support Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently windows 10 started giving me strange issues, the search bar woulnt let me type anything and I couldnt use the search bar in the file explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ROADTRASH2, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10

Recently windows 10 started giving me strange issues, the search bar woulnt let me type anything and I couldnt use the search bar in the file explorer. Microsoft edge wouldnt connect and just kept giving me an error code 0x8027025b. I tried restarting but no results and then tried doing the autofix and still nothing, I saw as my only option the refresh and it of course removed all my applications including office, all my browsers with all my links etc. nice. I should have known that all applications means all programs.

After which I still cant use any search bar and now when I try to start skype or mail it just blinks and crashes on the screen. I tried logging out of my account and it wont let me log back in it just pops a little black screen up for a second and disappears.. I am guessing the issue is probably related to Microsoft edge. Just because that,s where the issue started.

I stupidly took no image before so now I cant recover to previous and in any case I noticed that there seems to be no restore points thanks to the default setup. Tried looking everywhere and about ready to format my drive and reinstall windows 7... it may not be supported anymore but at least it worked. Windows 10 is starting to look like the wonderful world of windows 8.

:)

ROADTRASH2, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10 windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10

dorsetknob, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10

1. Cannot launch mail app or skype on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot launch mail

2. Windows Mail App crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App crashing on launch: Recently had to go through some troubles with trying to do an in house restore, and while for the most part everything seemed to return to normal well apart from iCUE the windows mail app for some reason is not. Whenever I launch the app it opens the usual blue loading screen...
  3. Windows Mail App crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App crashing on launch: Recently had to go through some troubles with trying to do an in house restore, and while for the most part everything seemed to return to normal well apart from iCUE the windows mail app for some reason is not. Whenever I launch the app it opens the usual blue loading screen...
  4. cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app

cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app: can someone help with this issue? I can receive emails but emails are just stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-mail-from-windows-10-mail-app/f2026617-647f-4ac7-a1a5-6997be9f4232
  5. Windows Mail app freezes after launch

Windows Mail app freezes after launch: Hi, My Windows mail freezes right after I launch it. The bottom links to Windows calendar, To do list, etc do work, but everything else is frozen including the settings gear wheel. This happened on two different computers and I tried all the troubleshooting steps so this is...
  6. Cannot launch App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot launch App: Today suddenly I got lots of never-ending error pop-up on some apps stating: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The apps: SynapticsIncorporated.SmartAudio3 Lenovo Vantage...
  7. Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!

Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!: Hey there, I cannot sync my email anymore in the Windows 10 Mail app. I am using mailbox.org set up in the mail app as an Exchange account. Worked perfectly fine until about 4 days ago. I can still sync my Gmail account, and separate folder in the mailbox.org account, I...
  8. Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10

Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10: So my friend has had this issue where he cannot download/launch the Xbox Live app on windows 10. It tells him "this is not compatible with your device". Any solutions?...
  9. Calendar and Mail app not launching

Calendar and Mail app not launching: I have a new computer that came with W10 installed. Now one week on the above apps fo not launch. I have run System file Checker that reported it had found and repaired corrupt files (already!!). However the apps still do not launch. Any ideas? J 40270
  10. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot launch skype on windows 10