Windows 10: Cannot leave from a Family Group

Discus and support Cannot leave from a Family Group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We are having a family group. I am the one and only organizer in group. With me there are two kids, who are just members. 1. Kids cannot remove... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TeroL_588, Nov 17, 2021.

1. TeroL_588 Win User

Cannot leave from a Family Group

We are having a family group. I am the one and only organizer in group. With me there are two kids, who are just members. 1. Kids cannot remove themselves from the group. 2. I cannot remove kids from the group. When trying, it gives an error message:"You can't remove zzzzz from the family groupFamily members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for zzzzz can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted zzzzz consent to remove zzzzz from the family group."3. I cannot remove myself from the family group. When t

:)

TeroL_588, Nov 17, 2021
  2. EdTittel Win User

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Not a bad idea, I had not thought of that!

4. KB3LQ Win User

Leaving a family group

Hello
    I am trying to leave a Microsoft Family. I am the only adult member of the family and wish to leave in order that I can join the rest of my family in their Family group and use their Office 365 Home subscription. I can't join the new family until I've
    left the old one. When I login and click 'leave family group' I get the message "Please try again later. We can't do this right now." How can I overcome this? Thanks for your advice.
    KB

KB3LQ, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot leave from a Family Group - Similar Threads - Cannot leave Family

2. Cannot leave from a Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot leave from a Family Group: We are having a family group. I am the one and only organizer in group. With me there are two kids, who are just members. 1. Kids cannot remove themselves from the group. 2. I cannot remove kids from the group. When trying, it gives an error message:"You can't remove zzzzz...
  3. Cannot leave from a Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot leave from a Family Group: We are having a family group. I am the one and only organizer in group. With me there are two kids, who are just members. 1. Kids cannot remove themselves from the group. 2. I cannot remove kids from the group. When trying, it gives an error message:"You can't remove zzzzz...
  4. Leaving a family as a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Leaving a family as a child: My parents are divorced and my ex-dad has slight control over my account there are certain things i can and cannot do. I am also listed as a child under my family including only me and my ex-dad. I would like to leave the family but can't because i dont have access to his...
  5. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  6. How to leave from Family Safety?

How to leave from Family Safety?: Split from this thread. Hi, how can I leave on family group? I accidentally joined to other family group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-leave-from-family-safety/d9e097b7-fb69-412a-a216-46694d971cdb
  7. Microsoft Family - teen child can leave the Family Group

Microsoft Family - teen child can leave the Family Group: I setup a Microsoft Family Group and added my kids as "Child" accounts. My 15 year old son has a link on his account to "Leave family group", and anytime he wants to avoid screen time limits or play Xbox games that are restricted to him, he just logs into his account on...
  8. Leaving a family group

Leaving a family group: Hello I am trying to leave a Microsoft Family. I am the only adult member of the family and wish to leave in order that I can join the rest of my family in their Family group and use their Office 365 Home subscription. I can't join the new family until I've left the old one....
  9. I want to leave one family group and join another.

I want to leave one family group and join another.: I'm the only adult member of one family group with an Office 2013 subscription. I want to join another group with the rest of my family who have an Office 365 subscription. When I try to leave my current family group, I get the message "Please try again later. We can't do...
  10. Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group: [img] [img] [img] winver: 19041.113 I'd like to leave this family(-group) to join another, but I've been seeing this same error for several days now, across at least a couple reboots. Additional information: I've sent this account an invite from the other family, and...