Windows 10: Cannot link phone to windows

Discus and support Cannot link phone to windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Correlation Id: 5b4de68784614ab68ca2d42c1053d20d Timestamp: 2020-03-18T03:05:23.672Z Hi community, The My Phone app occasionally can't connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrUnkown, Mar 17, 2020.

1. MrUnkown Win User

Cannot link phone to windows

Correlation Id: 5b4de68784614ab68ca2d42c1053d20d
    Timestamp: 2020-03-18T03:05:23.672Z

Hi community,

The My Phone app occasionally can't connect to my phone after I come back home and have the phone near the computer. I usually try to use the app within 5-10 minutes after bringing it near the computer.

I thought I could fix this by re-linking my phone to the computer so I unlinked my phone from account.microsoft.com/devices and uninstalled Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows app.

I have managed to reach this step but I do not get a text message to download the app. So I download the app manually from the play store but there is no app to open to scan the QR code. Using another third party QR scanner it shows it is an ms-msa:// url but it can't find any app that can open it.

And so this is here where I am stuck. Can anyone help me to re-link my phone back to my computer? The phone is not showing up in account.microsoft.com/devices yet.

Cannot link phone to windows 1f2fc86f-e7e9-4b68-919a-e1fabaf298e8?upload=true.png

:)

MrUnkown, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 18, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot link phone to windows - Similar Threads - Cannot link phone

2. un linking table with phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    un linking table with phone: i am frustrated, I cannot download games or apps to this laptop/tablet since linking my phone with this laptop. All apps & games get downloaded to my phone instead where I don't want them to go....
  3. Link phone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link phone: Can an iPhone be linked to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-phone/f4ab4d32-5e68-4c4e-9b5a-57ee8887835c"
  4. DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS: Hi, my old phone is linked up with Your Phone apps in windows 10. I want to add another phone in this app but I can't disconnect my old phone from Your Phone apps. please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance....
  5. How to get phone link to work?

How to get phone link to work?: This area is greyed out for me in settings and it shows "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I've checked on gpedit.msc and "Computer-Phone link in this device" is set to enabled...
  6. Linked Documents Phone and Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linked Documents Phone and Laptop: I just noticed that all my word and excel documents are showing on my cell phone. I want to have these documents only in my laptop that never leaves my house. They contain personal information. How can I remove this link?...
  7. link phone to pc

link phone to pc: on pc showing some setting hidden or managed by organiza tion of how to link phone to pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/link-phone-to-pc/d9b54741-4343-43f7-8a11-420c45973154
  8. Microsoft account and phone number linked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account and phone number linked: Hi all, If I start to use a Microsoft account in Windows 10, so I can use better the store and all the option related to it, but someone steal my pc and steal my telephone card, this "someone" could have access to my Windows 10 by using my mobile number recovering my...
  9. Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC: How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you switch seamlessly between your phone and PC. Start a task on one of your devices and continue it on another. You can text...
  10. After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC"

in Windows 10 Support
    After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC": Have a Lenovo Notebook. Had Insider Preview 17063. Needed to do a Reset and now its stuck on "After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC". I send a text to my cell phone and when I click on it, it opens to Edge browser app which was already installed. I'm signed...