Windows 10: Cannot link phone to windows

Discus and support Cannot link phone to windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Correlation Id: 5b4de68784614ab68ca2d42c1053d20d Timestamp: 2020-03-18T03:05:23.672Z Hi community, The My Phone app occasionally can't connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrUnkown, Mar 17, 2020.

1. MrUnkown Win User

Cannot link phone to windows

Correlation Id: 5b4de68784614ab68ca2d42c1053d20d
    Timestamp: 2020-03-18T03:05:23.672Z

Hi community,

The My Phone app occasionally can't connect to my phone after I come back home and have the phone near the computer. I usually try to use the app within 5-10 minutes after bringing it near the computer.

I thought I could fix this by re-linking my phone to the computer so I unlinked my phone from account.microsoft.com/devices and uninstalled Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows app.

I have managed to reach this step but I do not get a text message to download the app. So I download the app manually from the play store but there is no app to open to scan the QR code. Using another third party QR scanner it shows it is an ms-msa:// url but it can't find any app that can open it.

And so this is here where I am stuck. Can anyone help me to re-link my phone back to my computer? The phone is not showing up in account.microsoft.com/devices yet.

Cannot link phone to windows 1f2fc86f-e7e9-4b68-919a-e1fabaf298e8?upload=true.png

:)

MrUnkown, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 18, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot link phone to windows - Similar Threads - Cannot link phone

2. Cannot link phone with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot link phone with Windows 10: I'm trying to link my Android phone with my Windows 10 Pro machine and I'm having some issues with this process.I start the Phone Link app, and it generates an initial QR code. On my phone, in the Phone Link app, I can scan this QR code and it initially works phone reports...
  3. Cannot link phone with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot link phone with Windows 10: I'm trying to link my Android phone with my Windows 10 Pro machine and I'm having some issues with this process.I start the Phone Link app, and it generates an initial QR code. On my phone, in the Phone Link app, I can scan this QR code and it initially works phone reports...
  4. Cannot download phone link.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download phone link.: OK, this is take two. The last responsed were of no help.Phone link would not connect with my pc no matter which method I used.I decided to uninstall and reinstall phone link on my phone.Phone is LC K20 plus 7.0 system up to date.When I go to play store and select phone link,...
  5. Cannot download phone link.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download phone link.: OK, this is take two. The last responsed were of no help.Phone link would not connect with my pc no matter which method I used.I decided to uninstall and reinstall phone link on my phone.Phone is LC K20 plus 7.0 system up to date.When I go to play store and select phone link,...
  6. Cannot download phone link.

7. Cannot disable Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable Phone Link: Hi,I would like to be able to completely disable phone link and use it on demand.I have selected "Never" in Background app permissions.I have put "Off" to Runs at log-in.But still when I receive a call it goes to the PC no matter that I pick up on the phone. And that messes...
  8. Cannot disable Phone Link

Cannot disable Phone Link: Hi,I would like to be able to completely disable phone link and use it on demand.I have selected "Never" in Background app permissions.I have put "Off" to Runs at log-in.But still when I receive a call it goes to the PC no matter that I pick up on the phone. And that messes...
  9. Cannot link phone through Your Phone app

Cannot link phone through Your Phone app: I have spent multiple hours attempting to connect my phone to my windows 10 pc. On my pc, the app says, "Please open Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows and sign in with email account". I have done that and the window hasn't advanced. On my phone it says, "Check your PC,...
  10. Cannot link Your Phone app to my Phone

Cannot link Your Phone app to my Phone: For some reason with the latest Windows update my "Your Phone" app stopped working on my Desktop. However, I have no problem using it on my Surface. The setup is stuck at 60% and the final result is a blank screen. I've tried all the resolutions without success. I even...