Windows 10: Cannot Load USB driver.

Discus and support Cannot Load USB driver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having no luck installing a driver for a product I use for backup. First let me explain. I am a Radio Control enthusiast. I fly multiple aircraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnM72, Jun 22, 2016.

1. JohnM72 Win User

Cannot Load USB driver.

I am having no luck installing a driver for a product I use for backup. First let me explain. I am a Radio Control enthusiast. I fly multiple aircraft from one transmitter (not at one time). My manufacture is JR; the transmitter designation is 12X. The backup program works fine under Win 10 running on a Dell laptop (studio 1535 32bit). My Dell desktop is 64bit and I cannot load the 64bit driver. The same is true for my Surface Book. The USB driver has an extension of .sys and the driver updater is looking for .inf The software is no longer supported by JR. This is understandable as the transmitter has been out of production for some time and the newer Transmitters use SD cards. O’ upgrading to a new Transmitter is not a problem but replacing 8 receivers and re-programming them because of changes in technology is not feasible now. So far my one solution is running my backups on my laptop which I was going to retire.
    Any ideas on how I could get around this issue?

Thanks John

:)

JohnM72, Jun 22, 2016
  2. aj102 Win User

N70 USB modem cannot load driver

Cancel my last comment....

If I connect the phone and then start the PC it works sometimes. If I start the PC and then connect the phone I get the problem.
    Message Edited by on 08-Apr-2006

10:59 PM

aj102, Jun 22, 2016
  3. aj102 Win User
    N70 USB modem cannot load driver

Hi grey_area, thanks for looking at my problem.

When the modem installs properly after connection I get the modem diagnostic replies. I can't copy and paste them, there are quite a few, are there any particular ones that I should copy here?

When the modem has not installed properly I see the n70 in the list of modems, under "attached to" it says "not functional" and the properties button is greyed out so I can't click it to get an error code.

I have made some progress though. If I connect the phone and then start the PC it works fine. If I start the PC and then connect the phone I get the problem.

aj102, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Cannot Load USB driver.

The "driver package" is the set of files that implement the hardware driver. Every driver pacakge includes an INF file. The inf file tells windows what hardware and OS versions the driver supports as well as how to install the driver files, modify the registry, etc.

You need the driver package which is why the updater is looking for an INF file. There's a chance (might be just a small chance) that the package you have on your 32 bit machine also supports x64. Use Double Driver to capture the package on your machine and save it to a folder on USB. Then try pointing the installer on your new machine to the driver package folder you saved on USB

ComputerGeek, Jun 22, 2016
  5. JohnM72 Win User
    Thanks computergeek the file that came with the install disk for 64bit was for an older version of Win not sure what version. I was told to get the newer version and it came as a ".sys' file, it worked on win 7. I unterstand the what the .inf file is for but this is what i received when I installed on wind7. When i expand the driver with Notepad++ there is nothing but a driver, although it is hard to understand and I did not see anything in the view that would indicate there was anything else in package.
    Cannot Load USB driver. [​IMG]

JohnM72, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Load USB driver.

1. Cannot Load USB driver. - Similar Threads - Cannot Load USB

2. A driver cannot load on the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A driver cannot load on the device: HiThe driver rikvm_3cd7F304,sys cannot load on the device due to memory integrity in Windows 11/64 bit.Although I updated all the drivers but I assume that I should update the third party drivers.First, I assumed that the above-mentioned driver might be infested. So, I ran...
  3. A driver cannot load on the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver cannot load on the device: HiThe driver rikvm_3cd7F304,sys cannot load on the device due to memory integrity in Windows 11/64 bit.Although I updated all the drivers but I assume that I should update the third party drivers.First, I assumed that the above-mentioned driver might be infested. So, I ran...
  4. Driver cannot load on this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver cannot load on this device: Hello,I am reaching out because of a big problem I am having with my computer right now. I often use the Sketchup app to work on my school projects. I have currently been working on my semester project that is due in about a week. Today, my sketchup was being really slow, so...
  5. A driver cannot load on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver cannot load on this device.: HiI'm having an error message that keeps popping up constantly. It says the amsdk.sys is not able to load on this device. I have attached the screenshot of the error message over here ScreenshotI tried to do the following, but nothing helped- SFC, and DISM to scan the corrupt...
  6. A driver cannot load on this device.

A driver cannot load on this device.: HiI'm having an error message that keeps popping up constantly. It says the amsdk.sys is not able to load on this device. I have attached the screenshot of the error message over here ScreenshotI tried to do the following, but nothing helped- SFC, and DISM to scan the corrupt...
  7. A driver cannot load properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver cannot load properly: so i got a error message everytime i open up my laptop for the driver 'vmdrv.sys', i want to know if this driver is a virus or something, or is it safe, and how do i fix it?...
  8. A driver cannot load properly

A driver cannot load properly: so i got a error message everytime i open up my laptop for the driver 'vmdrv.sys', i want to know if this driver is a virus or something, or is it safe, and how do i fix it?...
  9. USB-BT400 not loading driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-BT400 not loading driver: When I install the dongle usb-BT400 I get a bluetooth icon in device manager and I get a new Human Interface Device called Bluetooth remote control. Despite numerous downloads I keep getting an error 39 corrupt or missing driver. Windows cannot load the device driver for...
  10. USB-BT400 not loading driver

in Windows 10 Support
    USB-BT400 not loading driver: When I install the dongle usb-BT400 I get a bluetooth icon in device manager and I get a new Human Interface Device called Bluetooth remote control. Despite numerous downloads I keep getting an error 39 corrupt or missing driver. Windows cannot load the device driver for...