Windows 10: Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans

Discus and support Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can no longer bring up recovery options either through the installed version of windows or through installation media. I can access BIOS just fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacks0n, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Jacks0n Win User

Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans

I can no longer bring up recovery options either through the installed version of windows or through installation media. I can access BIOS just fine and I can also run Linux mint off USB, but rescutux fails after selection.It started with a BSOD after I changed priority values of a few windows processes bad I idea, I can now see and after which it booted to BSOD after spinning for a few seconds each startup attempt. I tried a few things using the recovery options hoping to load into the system long enough to undo the changes I made, booting to safe mode led to BSOD, console worked off instal

:)

Jacks0n, Jul 17, 2021

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 allocating Drive Letters for my External Hard Drives Then Making it Impossible To See Content. Is There A Way I Over looked?

Hello Fayez,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check the external drive for errors and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps to check for errors in the drive.

Method 1:

Follow the steps to check the drive for errors:

a. Open Windows Explorer.

b. Right click on the drives that are not accessible and click
    Properties.

c. Click the Tools tab, and then, under
    Error-checking, click Check now. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select
      Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

• To perform a thorough check, select
      Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.
    • To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both
      Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
    d. Restart the computer and check if the drives are accessible or not.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data
    available on that might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Arul_D, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans

Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans

1. Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans - Similar Threads - Cannot load recovery

2. Help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: Hello. I've downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, and did the first scan, here are the 2 files I got after. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hb-nD9PaR0exG-d-2_q-tTvhK2GP3S4u/view?usp=drive_link Any help will be appreciated....
  3. Help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: Hello. I've downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, and did the first scan, here are the 2 files I got after. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hb-nD9PaR0exG-d-2_q-tTvhK2GP3S4u/view?usp=drive_link Any help will be appreciated....
  4. Help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Farbar recovery scan tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Farbar recovery scan tool: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1HOppdU1Hdz_LSScxbmnfECZxdT0PpWPpI suspect my laptop to have a virus, please check my logs.Thank you, have a nice week!^^~* Moved from Virus & Malware...
  6. Farbar recovery scan tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Farbar recovery scan tool: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1HOppdU1Hdz_LSScxbmnfECZxdT0PpWPpI suspect my laptop to have a virus, please check my logs.Thank you, have a nice week!^^~* Moved from Virus & Malware...
  7. Farbar recovery scan tool

Farbar recovery scan tool: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1HOppdU1Hdz_LSScxbmnfECZxdT0PpWPpI suspect my laptop to have a virus, please check my logs.Thank you, have a nice week!^^~...
  8. farbar recovery scan tool scan result

farbar recovery scan tool scan result: Ive recently noticed weird behaviour on my pc , if someone could help. THanks in advance. I also got an additional scan if that is needed but im only able to post one scan result.Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x64 Version: 16-10-2022 Ran by alanb administrator...
  9. Hard Drive Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Recovery: I just bought a replacement Surface after sending in my broken one, I was wondering if it would be possible to get my hard drive with all my data on it back from microsoft or not? I looked through the service and repairs FAQ, and it said they wipe hard drives prior to...
  10. Hard drive recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive recovery: I have a Toshiba C55 laptop that originally had windows 10. It crashed so I bought a USB stick to fix it. Don't know if I chose the wrong option because I don't remember have a choice between 10 or 8.1 but I ended up with 8.1. This happened a couple of years ago so I used it...