Windows 10: Cannot locate App File Location

Discus and support Cannot locate App File Location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NightWolfGames, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Cannot locate App File Location

Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut, and let the real developers play a role. I have found a post that just says "Click the file path from the search menu" But that does not exist. WHY CAN I NOT DRAG AND DROP APPS TO THE DESKTOP FROM THE START MENU OR TASK BAR?! This feels like the developer's first OShow do i do this?

:)

NightWolfGames, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

Cannot locate App File Location [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 7, 2022
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2022
  4. mystvearn Win User

Cannot locate App File Location

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Cannot locate App File Location

1. Cannot locate App File Location - Similar Threads - Cannot locate App

2. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  3. cannot locate program files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot locate program files: I have installed a program Xodo from the Microsoft store on my Win 11 laptop. A shortcut appears on my screen but I cannot locate the actual program files. If I click on the shortcut properties, the "open file location" is grayed out. I searched Program Files and Program File...
  4. cannot locate program files

cannot locate program files: I have installed a program Xodo from the Microsoft store on my Win 11 laptop. A shortcut appears on my screen but I cannot locate the actual program files. If I click on the shortcut properties, the "open file location" is grayed out. I searched Program Files and Program File...
  5. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  6. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  7. Camera App file location

8. Settings App File Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings App File Location: I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file,...
  9. Cannot find file location

Cannot find file location: Help! I want to find the file location of a game on my PC, but it won't let me cos i do not have the permissions. i cannot configure the permissions to let me access the files. what do i do?...
  10. Apps location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps location: On Windows 10, is there any way to get apps to show up on desktop rather than just the option of being on the taskbar? I don't care to use the alternate "desktop" full of boxes....