Windows 10: Cannot locate my external drive

Discus and support Cannot locate my external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seagate Free Agent Go device does not show up under Device Manager. It Is plugged into computer and is flashing light. Help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RuthWik1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. RuthWik1 Win User

Cannot locate my external drive

Seagate Free Agent Go device does not show up under Device Manager. It Is plugged into computer and is flashing light. Help?

:)

RuthWik1, Apr 8, 2020

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 8, 2020
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot locate my external drive - Similar Threads - Cannot locate external

2. changing my app install location to my external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing my app install location to my external drive: I have been trying to change it for roughly around 30-40 minutes now but each time i keep the the same error code of 0x80070005, anyone know how i could fix this?...
  3. changing my app install location to my external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing my app install location to my external drive: I have been trying to change it for roughly around 30-40 minutes now but each time i keep the the same error code of 0x80070005, anyone know how i could fix this?...
  4. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Location not available on E: External Drive: Scenario 1When my system boots up Windows 10 OS, the first window pops up is as per the screenshot below -I cannot access any files on the entire folder/file structure or C: drive. Even on clicking Ok, it disallows.As soon as I connect my external hard drive, which has the...
  5. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available on E: External Drive: Scenario 1When my system boots up Windows 10 OS, the first window pops up is as per the screenshot below -I cannot access any files on the entire folder/file structure or C: drive. Even on clicking Ok, it disallows.As soon as I connect my external hard drive, which has the...
  6. Location not available on E: External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use my external hard drive: First of all. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation. I'm still learning English! I'm trying to use my external hard drive but nothing will open because I'm pretty sure I messed up the security permissions. I remember being in the security permissions and wondering what would...
  8. Remember external drive location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remember external drive location: Hey everyone got a question, when I use my laptop for gaming I use a external ssd. Whenever I forget to plug it in after boot up and plug it in windows won't remember the path. Windows tells me I have to re-download the game. When I tell it to save in the same place the game...
  9. location not available for my seagat external drive

location not available for my seagat external drive: I have just upgraded to win 10 Pro. My Seagate 2tb external drive shows an error message "Location not available. How do I rectify this p roblem?...
  10. Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive

Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive: Hi I set up my new laptop and used an external drive to transfer all my information to the new laptop. I cannot locate where my pictures are located in Windows 10. My previous laptop was on Windows 7. My files transferred and I can locate them in word and excel but no...