Windows 10: Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive

Discus and support Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I set up my new laptop and used an external drive to transfer all my information to the new laptop. I cannot locate where my pictures are located in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IreneeV, Jun 6, 2019.

1. IreneeV Win User

Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive

Hi I set up my new laptop and used an external drive to transfer all my information to the new laptop. I cannot locate where my pictures are located in Windows 10. My previous laptop was on Windows 7. My files transferred and I can locate them in word and excel but no pictures under the pictures icon. I had uploaded them to Icloud so not sure if that is the issue?

Help!!

i.

:)

IreneeV, Jun 6, 2019

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot locate my pictures after a download from an external hard drive - Similar Threads - Cannot locate pictures

2. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  3. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  4. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot use my external hard drive

Cannot use my external hard drive: First of all. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation. I'm still learning English! I'm trying to use my external hard drive but nothing will open because I'm pretty sure I messed up the security permissions. I remember being in the security permissions and wondering what would...
  6. downloading to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  7. Cannot locate my external drive

Cannot locate my external drive: Seagate Free Agent Go device does not show up under Device Manager. It Is plugged into computer and is flashing light. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-my-external-drive/7d9237f9-be8e-49ed-92bf-243342f719b3
  8. Cannot open data from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open data from external hard drive: I backed-up photos, videos, music, documents and excel spreadsheets to an new external hard drive from my old desktop computer in February. I purchased a new computer at that time. I did copy and paste some music, documents and spreadsheets from the external hard drive EHD to...
  9. Cannot open data from external hard drive

Cannot open data from external hard drive: I backed-up photos, videos, music, documents and excel spreadsheets to an new external hard drive from my old desktop computer in February. I purchased a new computer at that time. I did copy and paste some music, documents and spreadsheets from the external hard drive EHD to...
  10. Cannot Format my External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Format my External Hard drive: When I plug my external into my pc it tells me it's unable to use and to format the drive. So I try to do so, and Windows tells me that there's a program using the external drive. I attempt to format anyway since I know there's no programs using the drive, and after a...