Windows 10: Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

Discus and support Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by danniboy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. danniboy Win User

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and found out that I could use WinDirStat to discover any unknown files if they happened to be on my hard drive. As it shows in my first screenshot, there are 848GB of unknown files.

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files [​IMG]

I was then reading more about how to delete or figure out what these files could be. Many people suggested to use TreeSize, so I checked that out.

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files [​IMG]

And nothing...
    Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be and how I could get rid of it?

:)

danniboy, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 20, 2019
  3. stevednmc Win User
    Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Apr 20, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files - Similar Threads - Cannot locate delete

2. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  3. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  4. cannot locate program files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot locate program files: I have installed a program Xodo from the Microsoft store on my Win 11 laptop. A shortcut appears on my screen but I cannot locate the actual program files. If I click on the shortcut properties, the "open file location" is grayed out. I searched Program Files and Program File...
  5. cannot locate program files

cannot locate program files: I have installed a program Xodo from the Microsoft store on my Win 11 laptop. A shortcut appears on my screen but I cannot locate the actual program files. If I click on the shortcut properties, the "open file location" is grayed out. I searched Program Files and Program File...
  6. I cannot delete unavailable location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete unavailable location.: I want to delete the 0 file location there. I've tried to do so many things but none of it worked. Kindly help me to delete those location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-unavailable-location/00a47c7d-bed6-43c1-908d-0f447931c47e
  7. I cannot delete unavailable location.

I cannot delete unavailable location.: I want to delete the 0 file location there. I've tried to do so many things but none of it worked. Kindly help me to delete those location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-unavailable-location/00a47c7d-bed6-43c1-908d-0f447931c47e
  8. I cannot delete unavailable location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Cannot find file location

Cannot find file location: Help! I want to find the file location of a game on my PC, but it won't let me cos i do not have the permissions. i cannot configure the permissions to let me access the files. what do i do?...
  10. Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\: Hi all, Around five years ago, I downloaded this movie called 'Two Night Stand' and along with it were some subtitle files or something else, I don't even remember anymore. Anyway, I still haven't been able to delete the file because a popup comes up 'This is no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windirstat access network locations

2. windirstat