Windows 10: Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

Discus and support Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by danniboy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. danniboy Win User

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and found out that I could use WinDirStat to discover any unknown files if they happened to be on my hard drive. As it shows in my first screenshot, there are 848GB of unknown files.

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files [​IMG]

I was then reading more about how to delete or figure out what these files could be. Many people suggested to use TreeSize, so I checked that out.

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files [​IMG]

And nothing...
    Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be and how I could get rid of it?

:)

danniboy, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 20, 2019
  3. stevednmc Win User
    Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Apr 20, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files - Similar Threads - Cannot locate delete

2. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps: So my desktop is running out of storage. I found the location the app files are saved at. My computer came preinstalled with these games: Disney Magic Kingdoms March of Empires Bubble Witch Saga 3 Candy Crush Soda Sag I deleted these games but came across saved files from...
  3. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...: I downloaded a zip file from Samsung Cloud, its a bunch of photos from my old phone, it's a trusted site and i dont know how it got corrupted when I successfully extracted it before this bug happened. Any solution on how to delete this zip file?...
  4. Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10

Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10: I can't delete a file from an external drive: [ATTACH] This is what its properties look like: [ATTACH] There are 63 items in total like this. Command prompts don't work because certain characters appear weird, like this: [ATTACH] Any help would be great!...
  5. cannot locate pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot locate pointer: cannot locate pointer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-pointer/515eef05-b7b4-4fe0-9d10-e6c54ad6032b
  6. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...
  7. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...
  8. Cannot delete Windows Apps files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files: Attached is a list of Windows apps files I moved to a user folder on my system. I am unable to delete the folder containing these files even after I take ownership. I have long cleaned up my system of the store and windows 10 apps. Any idea how I could delete these files?...
  9. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...
  10. Deleted video files still show in Network Locations

Deleted video files still show in Network Locations: I have a folder with videos (avi, mkv etc) that is shared and can be watched on any smart TV in my house. After watching videos each night, I delete them from the shared folder. It has worked fine forever, but today I upgraded to Creators and now when I delete the file, it...