Windows 10: Cannot locate screenshots

Discus and support Cannot locate screenshots in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home I've taken hundreds of screenshots successfully. Suddenly either they are not going to my "clipboard" (they won't paste into any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamJSlade, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Cannot locate screenshots

Windows 10 Home

I've taken hundreds of screenshots successfully. Suddenly either they are not going to my "clipboard" (they won't paste into any imaging program) or they are going to some folder that I cannot find.

There is no "screenshots" folder in the Pictures folder nor in the User folder.

Is there a way to search for these screenshots?

:)

WilliamJSlade, Oct 30, 2019

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2019
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 30, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Cannot locate screenshots

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Cannot locate screenshots [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot locate screenshots

1. Cannot locate screenshots - Similar Threads - Cannot locate screenshots

2. Randomly screenshotting and location being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly screenshotting and location being used: Hey guys, can i ask you a question? So basically there was this thing showing up every hour, and its called "your location is in use" when i pressed the notification, there was clearly nothing using my location! And also sometimes when this happened i get notifications that...
  3. Randomly screenshotting and location being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly screenshotting and location being used: Hey guys, can i ask you a question? So basically there was this thing showing up every hour, and its called "your location is in use" when i pressed the notification, there was clearly nothing using my location! And also sometimes when this happened i get notifications that...
  4. Location of screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of screenshots folder: I moved my screenshots shortcut from Directly Local Drive without Create a specific folder for it. Now when I use shortcut Win+PrtSysRq to click to save screenshots it get directly save into drive and get mixed with other files. Now I want change the location of screenshot...
  5. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  6. cannot make screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot make screenshots: I'm using Windows 10 with Dell L100 keyboard. It does not have a Fn key. How do I make screenshots? I did turn on feature in Ease of Access...but no luck. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-make-screenshots/a6462598-bb93-4894-b33a-00a32877ec04
  7. How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to save a screenshot to the desired location?: I've taken a screenshot and then it saves to the screenshots folder. This folder is located on my SSD. I know a screenshot doesn't take up much room but is there any way that I could have it automatically save to the desired location? submitted by /u/Zach_Zach_700 [link]...
  8. Windows 10 screenshot save location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 screenshot save location: I did a debloat from farag2 github project and after that my screenshot save location is somehow changed. I want to change it to default loction that is Pictures>>Screenshots. I googled it and it provided to go to properties of Screenshots folder and change from the Location...
  9. Cannot find Screenshots

Cannot find Screenshots: I may have moved my Screenshots folder at one time. Now when I do a print screen, I cannot find them anywhere. I have looked in the Pictures/Screenshots folder and the folder was not there. I tried creating a new "Screenshots" folder in Pictures, but it still does not place...
  10. Screenshot storage location

Screenshot storage location: Please, help! I have had this issue since my last renewal of Office 365. So regretful! With this latest renewal, I cannot find my screenshots. They are no longer in my screenshots folder under pictures under THIS PC. And they no longer name themselves by date. I...