Windows 10: Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

Discus and support Cannot Log in after resetting Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, My laptop today experienced a vicious loop of DPC Watchdog Violation errors, which the laptop freezes, enters the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MauriceChen1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

Hello Microsoft Community,

My laptop today experienced a vicious loop of DPC Watchdog Violation errors, which the laptop freezes, enters the error, restarts and repeat. I was able to get into safe mode and chose to reset my Windows system with the Remove All My Files option. It was rather successful until Windows was reset and I found myself unable to log in with the Other User log in screen.

I checked on other similar questions on the forum, they either succeeded in logging in by going to safe mode or using administrator account. But as I got through those suggestions: 1) On the Choose an Option screen, which I got to by pressing shift while restart from the log in screen, I clicked Troubleshoot but there is no Startup Settings; pressing F4 nor F5 nor any other Fs nor any numbers got me into Safe Mode

2) I tried Command Prompt, but failed because “There aren’t any administrator account on this PC”.

3) Out of frustration, I then tried to reset window s again, of which Watchdog Violation appeared again during installation process. Thankfully, I was able to return to the Other User log in screen.

4) Lastly, no matter how many times I restart my laptop, it can’t connect to the internet. Since I can’t log in, I clicked on the internet icon on log in screen, and nothing shows but Airplane mode. I do not have a USB nor does my Acer laptop have a disk reader. I can’t work without my laptop and I am typing this on my phone. Please help!!! I will be very thankful for any suggestions!!!!

These are the er laptop

:)

MauriceChen1, Oct 16, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 16, 2018
  4. newfellow Win User

Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

1. Cannot Log in after resetting Windows - Similar Threads - Cannot Log resetting

2. After resetting my pc I cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting my pc I cannot log in: I’ve had a lot of computer issues lately regarding windows and multiple kernel errors popping up the lag couple of days so I decided to reset my pc and wipe it completely. After this process was complete I tried to log in and I got an error saying “User Profile Service failed...
  3. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  4. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  5. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  7. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  8. Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset: I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft account on the laptop. It signed put your email in and I do. Then the password. Then it asked for my current windows password...
  9. Cannot get logged into Windows after Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get logged into Windows after Reset: I have tried to reset a Windows 10 laptop but then am unable to login. I tried to start in Safe Mode unsuccessfully and now I get a message saying Administrator account has been disabled. I have tried various ways to start up but nothing works....
  10. i cannot log in after a reset on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cannot log in after a reset on windows 10.: after the latest update, my audio quit working so i did a reset. now i can't even log in! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-in-after-a-reset-on-windows-10/f34ae037-2e15-4d19-ab6a-8ce65967634e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot login after resetting windows 10