Windows 10: Cannot log in after upgrade

Discus and support Cannot log in after upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just upgraded my work pc to windows 10. Haven't gotten to the desktop yet. I cannot no longer log in. It does not recognize my password. This has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gallicbear, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Cannot log in after upgrade

Just upgraded my work pc to windows 10. Haven't gotten to the desktop yet. I cannot no longer log in. It does not recognize my password. This has never happened before. Also, my login prompt under 8.1 was just the password. Now it also presents me with a selection for the user name and another one for the password. Didn't expect that problem. Moreover it does not react to when I request a reboot. (By the way, the pc is independent. It does NOT belong to a domain.) Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

gallicbear, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Sherkin Win User

After upgrade win 10, cannot log in

i have same problem. upgraded to win 10 on new surface pro 3 for my wife. first time she used it it asked for her password. old password didn't work so needed new Microsoft pass word. she didn't have one so got one with her gmail address. new a/c created
    on other device, all good.

however back on the new surface pro 3 with the new win 10, it opens up with her name and an outlook email account.

how can i change the initial log in screen to accept her Microsoft a/c which has a gmail.com address not an outlook.com address ??

appreciate any suggestions

Sherkin, Aug 1, 2015
  3. After upgrade win 10, cannot log in

Was not cap locks, if was wrong password of any type, should have gotten wrong password prompt, not a total pc reboot. And password works just fine with windows 7 reinstalled. I just believe, regardless of what upgrade advisor said, 10 just won't run
    on my machine.

FrankBryant, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Cannot log in after upgrade

Was finally able to reboot. Then the login prompt came up normal. Somehow something wasn't finalized in the settings.

gallicbear, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Cannot log in after upgrade

1. Cannot log in after upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot log upgrade

2. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  3. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  4. cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log in: I just got a new computer, when in the process of setting it up, it told me to download the Microsoft Authenticate from the App store. I walked away from my computer and now when i try to log in it just says password incorrect. I have not logged into my new computer at all...
  5. Cannot log into Laptop After Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into Laptop After Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1: I completed an upgrade of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Win 8.1 Laptop but now it just brings up the lock screen I can see a link that says "Sign In" but nothing happens when I click it. I have tried multiple times to access Safe Mode but when I try to get to it by hitting shift...
  6. Log in issue after upgrading

Log in issue after upgrading: Hello people, I had my laptop upgraded and it had a fresh install of Windows 10. All is fine. However, I need to reinstall the full Microsoft Package but I need my password to log in. The problem is this - all my passwords were in Excel, which is now not installed. I have...
  7. Can't log in after Upgrade

Can't log in after Upgrade: Split from this thread. Can't lo in after 10 upgrade. Profile. Not loaded. Can' t do anything!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-after-upgrade/9f31b650-b55e-4db8-b4bb-b41d0f7ce8fb
  8. Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

Cannot Log in after resetting Windows: Hello Microsoft Community, My laptop today experienced a vicious loop of DPC Watchdog Violation errors, which the laptop freezes, enters the error, restarts and repeat. I was able to get into safe mode and chose to reset my Windows system with the Remove All My Files...
  9. Cannot log in after locking computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in after locking computer: Hello everyone. So, as we all know, windows 10 has updated its version again around early this august and I have noticed a big change in the lock screen, notifications, etc. I was really excited at first but then suddenly I had encountered several problems. The first...
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...