Windows 10: Cannot log in for Cortana

Discus and support Cannot log in for Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana asks me to log in (i assume to my microsoft account), but no log in screen appears. On one occasion, a blank gray screen appeared. But every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gschoenfeld1955, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Cannot log in for Cortana

Cortana asks me to log in (i assume to my microsoft account), but no log in screen appears. On one occasion, a blank gray screen appeared. But every other time that grey screen just appears and disappears so rapidly there is no chance to even see what it is.

Perhaps related: when I go to the Windows Store, i am also asked to log in to my account. But there is no login box there either, hence impossible to proceed.

a screenshot of the blank grey screen is appended.

:)

gschoenfeld1955, Aug 16, 2015

2. Cannot activate Cortana. Incorrect password.

I cannot log into cortana I know my sign in and password but it will not let me into cortana

Tyrone Dillard, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot log onto Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to Reset your Password and check if it helps.

If your using Microsoft Account, I suggest you to reset the password from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/microsoft-account-help#microsoft-account=tab0

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

Reset your password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Cannot log in for Cortana

1. Cannot log in for Cortana - Similar Threads - Cannot log Cortana

2. Cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in: I keep getting a status: 0xc000006d, substatus 0x0 when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-in/9573e540-4d01-4a26-8fd3-a38056f8ed26
  3. Cannot log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in: I keep getting a status: 0xc000006d, substatus 0x0 when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-in/9573e540-4d01-4a26-8fd3-a38056f8ed26
  4. cannot log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot log in: I just got a new computer, when in the process of setting it up, it told me to download the Microsoft Authenticate from the App store. I walked away from my computer and now when i try to log in it just says password incorrect. I have not logged into my new computer at all...
  5. cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log in: I just got a new computer, when in the process of setting it up, it told me to download the Microsoft Authenticate from the App store. I walked away from my computer and now when i try to log in it just says password incorrect. I have not logged into my new computer at all...
  6. Cannot log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log in: After update 23/01/2021 i cannot log into my Laptop. Log in via password has been removed . Only log in via pin is offered. I dont know my pin and when i click forgot pin nothing happens I just get returned to main screen....
  7. Cannot log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in: I am trying to log in to an HP 11-n010dx. When I boot it does boot to the log in screen. I see my friends picture and the prompt to log in. I put his password in and it says password is incorrect. Make sure your using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always...
  8. Cannot Invoke Cortana

Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...
  9. Can't log into Cortana

Can't log into Cortana: I already have a Microsoft account that I've been using for some months with OneDrive. When I start Cortana it requires me to log into that account. I do so, but then it pops up a screen telling me to "Enter your old password one last time", and then "From here on out, you'll...
  10. Trying to log into Cortana

Trying to log into Cortana: I am trying to log in, but it keeps asking me about some old password? I can log into MS account just fine, but not via Cortana, any idea why? I have tried a blank password, MS password, PIN I have tried before. EDIT: I see, it is actually creating MS account instead of...