Windows 10: Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode

Discus and support Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am experiencing BSODs every time I log in to my profile when starting the PC normally so I tried logging in on Safe Mode with Networking to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eqvic, Jun 30, 2020.

1. eqvic Win User

Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode

I am experiencing BSODs every time I log in to my profile when starting the PC normally so I tried logging in on Safe Mode with Networking to troubleshoot.

Problem is that even though I am entering my current password with Microsoft, the computer keeps telling me "The password is incorrect. Try again". I verified I am using the right password by logging on to Microsoft for help support and also for my e-mail from a different computer. I am hard wired to the web so no wi-fi issues here.

There are dozens of posts about this online but none provides a definite answer. I just need to log in and from there I need to start troubleshooting the BSOD which is another story.

:)

eqvic, Jun 30, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Safe Mode log in

Hi Richard,

PIN password option on safe mode is not enabled. You will only be allowed to use a password to access your computer in safe mode. To assist you better, kindly answer these questions below:

• Are you referring to a local user account or a Microsoft account?

Is your computer connected to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet cable?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on March 19, 2016?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 30, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot log computer

2. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  3. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  4. Win10 starts to safe mode.

Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  5. Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode: Hello, I want to try and boot my computer into safe mode to check for any possible malware, but I cannot because it says I need a BitLocker key. When I set up my Windows almost 2 years ago, I don't remember if it gave me the BitLocker key code or not, so I don't have any on...
  6. Can't log in to safe mode

Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  7. Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode: can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but it still cant login because my PC cant connect to amy metwork... i use wifi amd usb thetering and its still cant connext and...
  8. Cannot log in or go to safe mode

Cannot log in or go to safe mode: I cannot log into windows. It doesn’t recognize my pin or password. It then goes to black screen with dell logo and a circle appears then back to opening screen i have tried rebooting it in safe mode. No luck. Just opens back to same place...
  9. Cannot log into Safe Mode

Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  10. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking: Problem I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment. I have some files that Edge corrupted when it downloaded them, but will not let me delete. So I quickly looked online and it suggested that I go to systems configuration and...