Windows 10: Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain

Discus and support Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, The recent Window 10 2004 update has created an issue for myself and other faculty. We are using Lenovo E590's. The laptops are configured to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steven#MC, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Steven#MC Win User

Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain

Hi,

The recent Window 10 2004 update has created an issue for myself and other faculty. We are using Lenovo E590's.

The laptops are configured to use on our domain. We were able to log on from home without an issue prior to the update. Since the update, while trying to connect computer that is associated with the domain it does not work. Once you enter password, you get a blue screen with a swirling icon. I have reached the desktop if I the WiFi is disconnected and then tried to reestablish connection without success. I can bring the computer back to work and have no problems.

I have removed the laptop from the domain and created local user and had no issue logging on at home or at work.

Any help would be great!

:)

Steven#MC, Jul 21, 2020

2. Personal Laptops and school domains

I have a personal laptop they i use solely for school and I'd like to print right from it. It's a bit more complicated as my school uses papercut to manage its printers. I don't know if a workgroup will work because i can't seem to get the paper cut client
    on my computer so joining the school domain might be the only other way. If there is another way then I'd appreciate the input. If not then I was wondering exactly what control the domain will have over my computer.

My main concerns are whether the domain will be able to restrict me from accessing my local admin accounts to leave the domain whenever I want to. Also if they can't then can they moniter what I do on my local accounts? And finally, do they have the power
    to wipe my computer.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

IronCreeper, Jul 21, 2020
  3. I cannot log off of my xbox account on school computer

Sooooo I logged onto my xbox account on a school computer and now i cannot remove the account from the laptop.

Honeydewknight, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain

Windows 10 Pro - New DOMAIN users cannot log into work DOMAIN on a specific laptop

We have a work domain, using Windows Server 2012 R2 & users can log into any computer to log into our domain.

One laptop is having the error for any 'new' user, who hasn't logged into the domain before on
    that specific laptop, of:

The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded.

The problem seem to have started about 2 or so weeks ago, after a major Windows 10 update. Users who had already logged into the domain before on
    that laptop, can still log in as normal.

After searching these forums & trying several different options such as SCAN NOW, DISM, copying the user folder/files from another laptop where they had logged into the domain, etc it seems Microsoft don't know how to fix the problem

Any solutions, before I go through the arduous process of reinstalling Windows & all relevant programs?

Tesla Model 3, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain

1. Cannot log in to Laptop away from school domain - Similar Threads - Cannot log Laptop

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  4. Cannot log in to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to laptop: I can log in and change my password on my phone but it will not allow me to access my laptop with the same password. Keeps coming up as incorrect password. It has been about a year since I last used my laptop....
  5. Cannot log in to laptop

Cannot log in to laptop: I can log in and change my password on my phone but it will not allow me to access my laptop with the same password. Keeps coming up as incorrect password. It has been about a year since I last used my laptop....
  6. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  7. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  8. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

9. Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?: Heeey, I got a laptop from a friend. He said himself that the part is a bit older and that he has no access to it because the laptop is logged on to an AD. Now I have done some research and managed to create an account. Unfortunately he has no admin rights because I...
  10. Temp profiles when away from domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temp profiles when away from domain: Hi all, Just starting out with IT support after many years of trying, I have come across an issue where one of my clients can login at their place of work without any issues but when logging in at home with the same credentials they are presented with a temporary profile,...