Windows 10: Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

Discus and support Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not start on my laptop and I would like to go forward with a save personal files reset. I get to the point that it requests my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cyclist255x, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

Windows 10 will not start on my laptop and I would like to go forward with a save personal files reset. I get to the point that it requests my Microsoft account password after I select the save personal files resetmoption, but it does not recognize the password I set for my account after my laptop began having trouble I had forgotten the old one as my password. What can I do to get it to accept the current password and go forward with a reset? I need to save the files on this computer.

:)

cyclist255x, Sep 10, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 10, 2021
  3. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

1. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset. - Similar Threads - Cannot log Microsoft

2. I can log into windows but I cannot reset password or reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can log into windows but I cannot reset password or reset computer: I have issues resetting my computer. First I would like to say why I am resetting. I am having kernel 141 live event issues. You would figure it would be the GPU but after tests and changing out the GPU, it was not the problem. I would try to load a game and the screen would...
  3. I can log into windows but I cannot reset password or reset computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can log into windows but I cannot reset password or reset computer: I have issues resetting my computer. First I would like to say why I am resetting. I am having kernel 141 live event issues. You would figure it would be the GPU but after tests and changing out the GPU, it was not the problem. I would try to load a game and the screen would...
  4. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  5. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  6. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset: I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft account on the laptop. It signed put your email in and I do. Then the password. Then it asked for my current windows password...
  8. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  9. Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com.: Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com. Computer software was updated last night not initiated by me and when it booted up, I have not been able to log in....
  10. I need to reset the password for a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to reset the password for a laptop: My grandfather passed away and we need to go thru all of his stuff and we think there might be some stuff thats of importance on his windows 10 laptop and I dont know how to get the password. submitted by /u/Topaztik [link] [comments]...