Windows 10: Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect

Discus and support Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home 64bit because it couldn't be reset. It is an Acer Aspire 4820TG - which is an old machine but Windows 10 has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoJenkinson, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect

I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home 64bit because it couldn't be reset. It is an Acer Aspire 4820TG - which is an old machine but Windows 10 has been running on it up until now.

I downloaded ISO media to a flash drive. All seemed to go well until I tried to log in. Now it insists my password is incorrect. It let me change my password and I confirmed on another machine that the password change went through, but it still won't let me in.

I then tried a clean install but it would not let me perform that at all.

I found an answer for fixing the password problem on this forum but it was 2015 and I am loathe to try an old fix. Can someone please tell me how to fix this legitimately with an uptodate solution?

Yours Desperately,

Jo.

:)

JoJenkinson, Sep 11, 2018

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2018
  3. gasolin Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

How do i do it so my password to microsoft as well a my pc's name remain the same?

Sometimes when i upgrade i get difference specs that doesn't match with the specs saved by google/microsoft and have often made it neassary to change passwords.

Last time when i upgraded to creator fall i couldn't log in in, now matter how many times i tried my pc had problems log in, so i had to reinstall windows and adjust it before creators fall update so it aut logged in without a password.

To say it simple i need to reinstall windows 10 without changing pc name,log in to windows.

If the name of my pc is changed i can't install bitdefender since the 1 lincense i have is connected to my current pc with the name DESKTOP-THRTFI (i just have to use bitdefenders live chat, but if i could do it in a more easy way that works with all software it would be great)

gasolin, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect

Windows 10: Password Incorrect

Hi.

I have the same problem.

On my surface pro the Upgrade went fine, and on my PC it keeps saying incorrect password when I try to log in. I log on my SP without problems With the same Microsoft account.

My pc is online, and there is no other error Message than the incorrect password. I have tried rebooting a lot of times, I have logged out of the SP to try to log in on the pc. I have also changed the password on my Microsoft account, and everythings going
    fine on the SP, and the same incorrect password Message repeats itself on my pc

I have separate licences on my devicess of course, and everything was working fine With Windows 8.1 on both Devices.

Best regards

Øivind Lindland

Seizer1974, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect

1. Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect - Similar Threads - Cannot Log reinstall

2. Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.: I cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password message. What does this refer to,the password to login windows 10? I'm the computer's owner or something else?...
  3. Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.: I cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password message. What does this refer to,the password to login windows 10? I'm the computer's owner or something else?...
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password: Hello I have just logged into the Microsoft Store and purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on my win 10 PC. Then from the MS store, I then pressed 'play' Minecraft. I then press 'sign in', it then says 'Use windows hello with your account'. I do not know what this is, but...
  5. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  6. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update: I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password-after-windows-10-update/7081620e-3392-4b2b-bac4-cfcdfd502630
  7. Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password: I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using the same password I have used since purchase six weeks ago. To give a history of yesterday, my daughters friend downloaded...
  8. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d
  9. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts: Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep. When I leave for the day, I lock the computer. When I return the...
  10. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in: Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 incorrect password after re-install

2. cannot signin microsoft account after reinstall

3. reinstalled windows playonline incorrect password

4. reinstalled windows 10 pro on surface now it says password incorrect,
  5. unable to login to windows 10 reinstalling,
  6. reinstall cannot log in,
  7. reload windows 10 cannot login