Windows 10: Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

Discus and support Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by onipun, Dec 14, 2019.

1. onipun Win User

Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but it still cant login because my PC cant connect to amy metwork... i use wifi amd usb thetering and its still cant connext and cant login

:)

onipun, Dec 14, 2019
  2. curt jugg Win User

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Safe Mode log in

Hi Richard,

PIN password option on safe mode is not enabled. You will only be allowed to use a password to access your computer in safe mode. To assist you better, kindly answer these questions below:

• Are you referring to a local user account or a Microsoft account?

Is your computer connected to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet cable?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on March 19, 2016?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot log password

2. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  3. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode password: I updated my amd drivers and now my windows won't load if not on safe mode, but on safe mode for whatever reason my password is just always wrong. I created my windows account using my Microsoft account, but no possible password I have ever used my entire life has worked so...
  4. Cannot access safe mode with correct password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access safe mode with correct password: I am trying to reboot my computer Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 in safe mode to attempt to fix a separateissue caused by a forced OS update. However, when I finally get to the safe mode login screen a pain because I have to enter my 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key to even...
  5. Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect: I can not boot in to safe mode on my PC. I have tried every password I could have used and reset the password on the microsoft account. On the Safe Mode log in screen it says I am not connected to the internet. The computer is connected by a LAN cable. How can I get...
  6. Cannot log in or go to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in or go to safe mode: I cannot log into windows. It doesn’t recognize my pin or password. It then goes to black screen with dell logo and a circle appears then back to opening screen i have tried rebooting it in safe mode. No luck. Just opens back to same place...
  7. Cannot log into Safe Mode

Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  8. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...
  10. New password letting me log into safe mode !

New password letting me log into safe mode !: Ok so basically i was trying to follow this tutorial online because my system kept trying to update but it always ended undoing the changes. That has led me to go into safe mode to try to find a solution to my main problem. But then, it didnt accept my pin in safe mode (i...