Windows 10: cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro.

Discus and support cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Any idea how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LouieLF, Mar 28, 2020.

1. LouieLF Win User

cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro.

Any idea how to fix

:)

LouieLF, Mar 28, 2020

2. Upgrade Windows 7 PRO Product key to Window 10 PRO Product Key

Dear,

Kindly be informed that 2 months ago I upgraded my laptop from win 7 PRO to win 10 PRO without asking any product key and now I need to reinstall windows 10 in my laptop for fresh installation so how can we activate this windows 10 with original product
    key using Windows 7 Pro product key.

Md Sakir Hussain, Mar 28, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    Is it possible to uprade Home 7 or 8.1 Core to 10 Pro?

If you suggest to simply click on "Change Product Key" and set a Pro key, it won't work! I've already tried that. You must click on "Go to store" and purchase the Pro key. This is to make sure that you have actually paid for the key and it is genuine. The upgrade process could be about 10-20 minutes, at least so it was to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate.

spapakons, Mar 28, 2020
  4. cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro.

1. cannot log into 10 pro, does not contain product key, updated from 7 pro. - Similar Threads - cannot log pro

2. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  3. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  4. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  5. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  6. Cannot Access Windows 10 Pro Product Key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Access Windows 10 Pro Product Key: I have recently purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home so that I can use remote desktop features. I made the purchase on my desktop PC through the Microsoft Store, which led directly to installation. When I attempt to install the upgrade on my laptop,...
  7. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  8. UPDATING WINDOWS 10 PRO PRODUCT KEY

UPDATING WINDOWS 10 PRO PRODUCT KEY: HOW AM I GOING TO ACTIVATE/UPDATE MY WINDOWS 10 PRO PRODUCT KEY IF IT IS CONNECTED TO AN ORGANIZATION ACTIVATION SERVICE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-10-pro-product-key/86702695-6c8a-4c1f-b0f6-02666f064f2f"
  9. Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ? ***Modified title from: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ?***...
  10. updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key

updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key: I am trying to update the office computers from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro. I bought about 20 retail version of windows 10 pro usb key. everytime I try to start the process, the message "cannot validate the product key" pops up and does not let me continue the...