Windows 10: Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

Discus and support Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Martin K_937, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way.

When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct password. I can ask to reset my password and receive the email with the recovery code just fine, and then of course the password reset step actually does recognize my correct password and refuses to allow me to reset it. Due to it being correct. If you just want to force me to change to a new password, I would appreciate if you would just say so,and preferably allow me to use a password manager on this screen instead of this buggy nonsense.

I just want to run some silly video games on this machine - could your operating system allow me to at least do that much?

EDIT: Apparently you have some silly password requirements as well, ie. I'm required to do this silly "number and special character" nonsense and forbidden from usingactually strong passwords? I don't suppose there's a switch somewhere where I can turn off idiot mode?

:)

Martin K_937, Nov 12, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 12, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    incorrect password

Hi David and welcome to Tenforums.

Are you logging in with a Microsoft Account on both systems?

simrick, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

1. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password... - Similar Threads - Cannot log microsoft

2. Cannot Reset Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Reset Microsoft Password: For about a week I've been receiving a 2FA code in my email inbox multiple times per day. I assume my user/password combo was part of a data leak and someone is using dark web software to attempt my user/pass combo along with 1000s of other peoples. I attempted to reset my...
  3. Cannot Reset Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Reset Microsoft Password: For about a week I've been receiving a 2FA code in my email inbox multiple times per day. I assume my user/password combo was part of a data leak and someone is using dark web software to attempt my user/pass combo along with 1000s of other peoples. I attempted to reset my...
  4. Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.: I cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password message. What does this refer to,the password to login windows 10? I'm the computer's owner or something else?...
  5. Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.

Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.: I cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password message. What does this refer to,the password to login windows 10? I'm the computer's owner or something else?...
  6. Cannot reset windows 10 because of incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password: Hello, I cannot login to my computer even though the password I type is correct. I have tried resetting the password via entering my security questions and although it brings me to change the password. It still tells my I have incorrect password when I try to set the new...
  8. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password: Hello, I cannot login to my computer even though the password I type is correct. I have tried resetting the password via entering my security questions and although it brings me to change the password. It still tells my I have incorrect password when I try to set the new...
  9. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account: I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my microsoft account password. I've tried settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password, but this tries to change my microsoft...