Windows 10: Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by hcat625, Mar 22, 2022.

1. hcat625 Win User

Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck on a local account. It just says oops, it looks like it was our fault. Try Again. I tried updating my pc, but this didn't fix it. Any ideas?

:)

hcat625, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2022
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

1. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot log Microsoft

2. Cannot log in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account: My Microsoft account continually logs me out and says there is a problem, but when I go to support it says there is not a problem with my account. I am constantly asked to verify my identity and then I get there's a problem message. This happens on all my devices. Please...
  3. Cannot log in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account: My Microsoft account continually logs me out and says there is a problem, but when I go to support it says there is not a problem with my account. I am constantly asked to verify my identity and then I get there's a problem message. This happens on all my devices. Please...
  4. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store: I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck on a local account. It just says oops, it looks like it was our fault. Try Again. I tried updating my pc, but this didn't...
  5. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store: I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck on a local account. It just says oops, it looks like it was our fault. Try Again. I tried updating my pc, but this didn't...
  6. Cannot Log in to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Log in to Microsoft Store: How do I get help to sign on to Microsoft Store? I get "We encountered and error. Please try signing in later" every time I try to log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-in-to-microsoft-store/15a012ac-0a5a-4a61-b792-a52e61955bbb
  7. Cannot log in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log in Microsoft account: Hello. Every time I start my computer it says it signs in with a temporary sign in and I lose my files. It states it cannot sign in to my account. I have synced it. What am I not doing?...
  8. I cannot log in to a new microsoft account on Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot log in to a new microsoft account on Microsoft Store.: This is the error it gives me. I tried to edit group policy but it didnt help. Any ideas? I'm just trying to download a game thats on my other account. Thanks!...
  9. Microsoft Store cannot log in

Microsoft Store cannot log in: Hello, I was trying to log in with my microsoft account on the store and it says it's not a valid work or school email. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cannot-log-in/3946b46d-ab20-4965-9770-7c194dd94364
  10. Cannot log into Microsoft account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log into Microsoft account on Windows 10: So I was trying to log into my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 install, and going from the Accounts>Family and Other Users, and then hitting the link to login, and it just pops with a black window for 1 second and then goes away and nothing happens. Anyone else have...