Windows 10: Cannot log into MS Windows account

Discus and support Cannot log into MS Windows account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is my Microsoft account e.g. for Microsoft 365 and my Microsoft Windows account meant to be the same - that is, have the same email address and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter Boroma, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Cannot log into MS Windows account

Is my Microsoft account e.g. for Microsoft 365 and my Microsoft Windows account meant to be the same - that is, have the same email address and password?

I can log into my MS account but not into MS Windows account - how do I fix this?

:)

Peter Boroma, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Remove MS Account on pc with Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your concern, we suggest that you change the account as a local user and add another Microsoft account. To do that, please follow the steps below.

• Go to Settings and click on Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click on Sign in with the local account instead.
    • Type in the account password.
    • You may change the account name and add a password.
    • Once logged off, log back in.
    • Go back to Your email and accounts, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Cannot log into MS Windows account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot log into MS Windows account :(

Zakin, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot log into MS Windows account

1. Cannot log into MS Windows account - Similar Threads - Cannot log account

2. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  3. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  4. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my windows account: When I booted up my laptop I tried to enter by using the fingerprint scanner but it asked me for a pin. There is no bar for entering it. just a button sign in. When I click it, the system sends me to the full wallpaper screen that is starting before entering the pin or...
  6. Cannot log into my windows account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into my windows account: When I booted up my laptop I tried to enter by using the fingerprint scanner but it asked me for a pin. There is no bar for entering it. just a button sign in. When I click it, the system sends me to the full wallpaper screen that is starting before entering the pin or...
  7. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  8. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  9. Stay logged in to MS account

Stay logged in to MS account: hello! I unchecked the netplwiz option to remove sign in after i start my laptop for my account admin but now every time i access my device i have to log in to my ms account for edge, etc.. and each time it asks me to verify my account by entering my password. How can i stay...
  10. Cannot log into account

Cannot log into account: I have forgotten my PIN to access my account. The reset phone number I had listed was wrong so I tried to change it but have now found it takes 30 days for this to take effect. I can get access to the old phone number so would like to go back to trying this, but get the...