Windows 10: Cannot log into my computer without internet access

Discus and support Cannot log into my computer without internet access in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, I was having an issue with email and the MS tech suggested a download, but after downloading it, I lost internet access. When I start my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IanMacSC, Sep 8, 2021.

1. IanMacSC Win User

Cannot log into my computer without internet access

So, I was having an issue with email and the MS tech suggested a download, but after downloading it, I lost internet access. When I start my computer, I get to the login screen it asks for my password, and after I enter it I get a reply that it is incorrect. I know the password is correct from testing on other devices. When I called back, the tech said until I get internet access, I cannot log in because the password needs to be verified by MS servers because it can authorize it on my device. I have gotten into troubleshooting mode and tried both system restore and deleting recent updates, but

:)

IanMacSC, Sep 8, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 8, 2021
  3. New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

Cannot log into my computer without internet access NewForum.jpg

• Logged out

Cannot log into my computer without internet access Logout.jpg

Mindweaver, Sep 8, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Cannot log into my computer without internet access [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Cannot log into my computer without internet access [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot log into my computer without internet access - Similar Threads - Cannot log computer

2. Unable to log in without Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in without Internet.: Online answer: You can change to a Local Account in Settings > Accounts > Your Info > Sign in with a Local Account Instead, which doesn't require internet. What mean by "Local Account"?My husband has same computer and can sign in without internet. So still not sure how to...
  3. Logging in with and without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in with and without internet: I work in remote parts of the world. There are many times I do not have access to the internet. How can I log into my computer? Can I disable this feature?...
  4. Logging in with and without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in with and without internet: I work in remote parts of the world. There are many times I do not have access to the internet. How can I log into my computer? Can I disable this feature?...
  5. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my computer, no internet.: So since last Friday I've been having this issue, where my laptop can't connect to the internet. This wouldn't be a problem, if it allowed me to log in. Logging in with my password, says I need to log onto the internet, or use the password I use most recently. Booting into...
  6. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my computer, no internet.: So since last Friday I've been having this issue, where my laptop can't connect to the internet. This wouldn't be a problem, if it allowed me to log in. Logging in with my password, says I need to log onto the internet, or use the password I use most recently. Booting into...
  7. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Logging in without an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logging in without an internet connection: So I recently changed my internet over, meaning my PC is not able to log in without a microsoft account, is there a way I can change my interney over to the new one, as I cannot find a way myself, everytime I press the network button that you would normally use to change over...
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.: Windows will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet. If internet is down I cant use my computer. How to fix this windows major flaw?? * Moved from IE11/Win 10 * Original title: windows 11 will not allow me to log on to my compter without internet....
  10. Logging in and Internet access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in and Internet access: I just got a little netbook with windows 10 as its OS. Like many other people, I'm having issues with the whole password business. It wanted my 4 digit pin, but wouldn't accept it until I connected to the internet, at which point it was happy. The bottom line for me: I DO...