Windows 10: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

Discus and support cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Euan Park, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Euan Park Win User

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit sign in.It then takes me back to the same screen with the message above that starts with "Because you're accessing xxx" then the cycle begins again.Please help.

:)

Euan Park, Aug 14, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2023
  3. needsleep Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Aug 14, 2023
  4. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 14, 2023
Thema:

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

1. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop - Similar Threads - cannot log Microsoft

2. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  3. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  4. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  5. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  7. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account: I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong". When I try logging into the Microsoft Store I get the message that I need to connect to the internet. I am connected to the...
  8. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account: I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong". When I try logging into the Microsoft Store I get the message that I need to connect to the internet. I am connected to the...
  9. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

10. Cannot log into my microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log into my microsoft account: Anytime I try to log into my personal Microsoft account, it insists that I do not have connection to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet. I am trying to download an app, but I can't log in to the store. I can't even log into my personal account through...