Windows 10: Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account

Discus and support Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I logged out of my Microsoft account to do some troubleshooting. When I go to Settings -> Accounts and select "Log into your Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/momplaysbass, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account

I logged out of my Microsoft account to do some troubleshooting. When I go to Settings -> Accounts and select "Log into your Microsoft Account instead", I can enter my password the first time just fine. The second time I get this. I haven't been able to find a solution, so I thought I would ask here.

I hope someone out there can help me. I've submitted this problem to Feedback Hub, but I have no idea if or when they will answer me.

I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, and my build is 19042.685.

submitted by /u/momplaysbass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/momplaysbass, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account :(

Zakin, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 11, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account

1. Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account - Similar Threads - Cannot log Account

2. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  3. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  4. Cannot convert from local account to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot convert from local account to Microsoft account: I have multiple computers and on one of them there is no option to convert from local account to Microsoft account.All of the computers are running the latest version of Windows 10:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2/‎5/‎2021 OS build 19043.1237 Experience...
  5. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  6. Cannot separate Microsoft account from my local PC account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot separate Microsoft account from my local PC account: My brother recently used his Microsoft account on my PC, which until then only had a local account. I wanted to remove it earlier, but there was no option to do so. I've so far come to understand that this Microsoft account is now tied to my local account and I cannot remove...
  7. Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account

Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account: Hello, I am unable to unlink my personal Microsoft account from the local account on the computer I am using, for some reason the option that would usually be there is just non existent as shown on the picture below. I'm using the latest windows 1909 build as well if anyone...
  8. I log into my PC with a local account but added a O365 account from a trial and cannot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I log into my PC with a local account but added a O365 account from a trial and cannot...: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I use a local login on my PC I do not use a Microsoft account. Under Accounts in settings it shows I have 2 "Accounts used by other apps", with one being a trial I did of Office365 showing my email @ my domain saying Work or School Account, and the...
  9. Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.

Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.: Hello, I have setup a work station at my work and right now it is under my personal microsoft account I want to switch it over to a local administrator account. However I cannot sign in as a local user no matter what I try there is no option to sign in as a local user I can...
  10. I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10: I cannot log in to my local account for my new Windows 10 laptop. I accidentally set it up as the administrator and now I cannot even reset my computer as it requires the password to perform a system reset. Does anyone know how to perform a system restore without the...