Windows 10: Cannot log into old PC after setting up windows 10 on my new PC

Discus and support Cannot log into old PC after setting up windows 10 on my new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all This is a bit of a complicated question and I have not been able to find any answers to it. Basilly I bought a new PC with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GDou, Feb 19, 2020.

1. GDou Win User

Cannot log into old PC after setting up windows 10 on my new PC

Hi all

This is a bit of a complicated question and I have not been able to find any answers to it. Basilly I bought a new PC with Windows 10 installed. I went through all of the setup process to register it, using the same email address, but a different from password that I was using on my exisiting PC. I wanted to use both of them at the same time, one each in a different room of the house.

The problem is that my new PC has setup perfectly fine and I can use it, but when I went to use my old PC I could get to the login screen but after typing in my password it would not log me in, saying that it is an incorrect password. So I tried the password for the new PC on it, thinking that it changed automatcially, but still no access.

I am not entirely sure what has happened here, but I think it might be becasue I used the same email address to link both accounts.

If anyone knows what has happened and can help sort this out so I can get back into my old PC I would be very grateful.

Thanks

:)

2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 19, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot log into old PC after setting up windows 10 on my new PC - Similar Threads - Cannot log old

2. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  3. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  4. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  6. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  7. new pc old pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new pc old pc windows 10: Hi I am building a new pc as my old one with winds 10 is now 10 years old ive maintained it but it now needs to retire and i installed a cpy of windows 8 a genuine disc bought on the old pc and then windows 8.1 came out and i upgraded to that and then windows 10 was give...
  8. New PC set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC set up: While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-set-up/235b124e-3c36-4449-b0fd-98537f1a68c9
  9. Problem setting up windows 10 on my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem setting up windows 10 on my new pc: I recently build a new system and I am currently unable to install Windows correctly. I used a USB to boot and wanted to install on an m2. After installing and rebooting the system froze when booting windows. I cleared the ssd and tried to install on the hdd, same problem....
  10. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...