Windows 10: Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.

Discus and support Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After an upgrade my PC asked for a pin. I do not have a windows pin i always used a password. I could not reset the pin because because the email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rutto101, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Rutto101 Win User

Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.

After an upgrade my PC asked for a pin. I do not have a windows pin i always used a password. I could not reset the pin because because the email account was incorrect from when it was set up due to a typo. The email did not exist. I had no other identification set up.

I went through a whole process of completing an online form to verify who i was and replaced the account with a new one and then waiting 30 days. However i still cannot access my PC as it still asks for a pin and now it says the user account does not exist. So i log in with my new account details to change my pin, it asks if im sure and when i continue through it comes up with an error "something went wrong". "We weren't able to set up your pin".

I cannot access any of the settings from this page. The windows key does nothing. I cant access anything at all. I cannot add another user. I cannot try password instead. Please don't give me instructions that require these settings as i cannot get to them.

Safe mode does nothing. I can get into safe mode but thats worse as it doesn't even give me the "forgot pin" link and i still can't access the settings.

I spoke to a virtual assistant for my microsoft account but he said ill need to speak to windows technical support but they are never available.

I can get into advanced settings. And I can log in as administrator just fine with my password. It only has the one admin account to log into. It says i cant add one. I just don't know if i can do anything via the command prompt in advance to fix. I cannot restore from an earlier point as no back up.

:)

Rutto101, Feb 7, 2021

2. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist. 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Feb 7, 2021
  3. skb_990 Win User
    my sign in options doesn"t open in settings.

Hii, my sign in options doesn"t open in settings. everything else works fine in settings. i just want to change sign in from password to passcode . It was working very good before. After new update in last month, it stopped working and after update it
    asked me to relogin but did not gave me the option to set 4 digit passcode .

skb_990, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.

I have a PIN setup in Account Sign On Options, but logon only asks for password not PIN

There is no option to allow logon with my PIN, even though it's setup properly under Accounts/Sign In Options in Settings. Only option in settings is to change my pin. Logon asks for password, and tells you it's wrong if you try using the pin. There
    are no options on the logon screen to switch to logging on by using pin instead of password.

Howard.Bronx, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.

1. Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist. - Similar Threads - Cannot log Asks

2. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  3. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  4. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: When my ex set up my computer, for some reason he made an Outlook account that I've never used. My sign in page for my computer has this email address and so I have a Microsoft account associated with that bogus email. All my photos are backing up to this account, all my...
  6. Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.: Good afternoon! I'm hoping you can help us out. A user in my company is experiencing issues with his Windows Hello function. He's being asked for a PIN every time he logs in to his PC using a standard password and claims he's never created a PIN. The request appears at...
  7. sign into this account on my PC, but it's trying/wanting: doesn't exist anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign into this account on my PC, but it's trying/wanting: doesn't exist anymore: I'm trying to sign into this account on my PC, but it's trying/wanting to sign into a account that doesn't exist anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do/0686fd9f-1c2f-407f-9d37-dfc1b3fc12b5
  8. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin sign-in option missing--can't log in: Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords...
  9. Cannot find PIN Sign-in option

Cannot find PIN Sign-in option: I wanted to add a PIN login for my PC but i discovered that in the Sign-in options there are only 3 options available Security Key,Password and Picture Password. There is no option for pin at all. Thanks for help....
  10. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin: Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then imput my username and password. At which point is says i need to "set up my account with windows hello" so i click ok. Then...