Windows 10: Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update

Discus and support Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Sometimes Windows 10 Update does not go as planned, and you may end up waiting to sign-in to your account. You may see login in […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update

WinClub, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update [​IMG]

Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Jun 30, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Cannot update to 1903

In place upgrade repairs and Windows upgrades cannot be performed successfully while in safe mode.

Instead perform upgrades while in clean boot.

Once you have ran through the steps in the upgrade check list then perform an upgrade in clean boot using the Windows 10 iso.

It may be successful after running through the check list.
    If not it should generate the better error code.
    Panther logs can be scanned to see if there are focused troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update - Similar Threads - Cannot log Update

2. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  3. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  4. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update

Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update: I updated my computer last week when I was about to close the computer. It shows that I needed to update and then shut down so I did it. Then yesterday when I went to log into my computer, I typed in my PIN, but I doesn’t work for some reason. I realized it said “sign in...
  6. Cannot log into Windows account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into Windows account after update: On my son's computer we cannot log into his windows account after restart. This issues appeared after his latest Windows update last week. When you attempt to log in, it gives an error saying Windows cannot log you in and it logged you in under a user or temporary account. We...
  7. I cannot log into my laptop after windows 10 update

I cannot log into my laptop after windows 10 update: I have brand new HP Edge 360 that uses windows 10. It was working fine. This week it pushed a windows update and now I can't login. There is no mouse, no keyboard, control atl del doesn't do anything, escape doesn't do anything, and the touchscreen doesn't activate the login....
  8. After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.: Last night, my computer advised an update required a restart to complete. I saved all of the documents I had open, and clicked restart now. Upon restart, I noticed the login screen is now asking for a password instead of pin which I had set up and been using since I...
  9. Windows 10 update, cannot log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update, cannot log in: I need help with my laptop pls Back in october 2018 my laptop went through the windows 10 update and booted back to the home screen where it ask you to log in. It doesnt accept the password and says use a previous password which i tried. After attempts i reseted my...
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...