Windows 10: Cannot log into windows using picture password

Discus and support Cannot log into windows using picture password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I have been using Windows 10's Picture Password for more than a year now. Sometime in the 3rd week of December of 2018 this option is no longer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Francis_Kiko_Flores, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Cannot log into windows using picture password

Hi.

I have been using Windows 10's Picture Password for more than a year now. Sometime in the 3rd week of December of 2018 this option is no longer showing, and cannot log into Windows and all of my files. I am not sure if this somehow related to to True Key, but the True Key option is showing now, even if I have not set it up. I have created a Microsoft account, but have not sync / configured this as my log-in account in Windows, as I assumed that the picture password is reliable. I have seen related topics that have resolution using Microsoft Account's log-in details, but this is not applicable to me. I have not also created a USB for password reset (which I understand can only be set-up once one is already in Windows), so this option is also not applicable to me.

Please HELP. I do not want to reset my laptop, as I have numerous important files in it.

Thanks.

-Francis

:)

Francis_Kiko_Flores, Jan 3, 2019

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Jan 3, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Cannot log into windows using picture password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot log into windows using picture password

1. Cannot log into windows using picture password - Similar Threads - Cannot log using

2. Cannot enter password when logging in using Microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot enter password when logging in using Microsoft: Excuse me, I want to ask, I can't enter my password when logging in using a Microsoft account, I've used various methods, one of which is the on-screen keyboard, but it doesn't work either. but keyboard enter and tab still work. please help I can not use my computer...
  3. Cannot enter password when logging in using Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter password when logging in using Microsoft: Excuse me, I want to ask, I can't enter my password when logging in using a Microsoft account, I've used various methods, one of which is the on-screen keyboard, but it doesn't work either. but keyboard enter and tab still work. please help I can not use my computer...
  4. Cannot enter password when logging in using Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot log in to Win10 says pin not working and cannot use password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Win10 says pin not working and cannot use password: I cannot log into Win10 after trying to use MSConfig for a clean boot. I get the error the pin is not working and the link it gives to fix it doesn't work. When I try and boot into repair mode all the items ask for the password but says that the password is wrong. I even...
  6. Cannot log in to Win10 says pin not working and cannot use password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Win10 says pin not working and cannot use password: I cannot log into Win10 after trying to use MSConfig for a clean boot. I get the error the pin is not working and the link it gives to fix it doesn't work. When I try and boot into repair mode all the items ask for the password but says that the password is wrong. I even...
  7. Cannot log in to Win10 says pin not working and cannot use password

8. Cannot set up Picture password

Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  9. Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.: Issue: Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized. Problem started on Thu Jan 4, 2018. Computer: This is my son’s HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) notebook. We live quite a few miles apart so we are talking about this issue over the phone. He gets account.live.com...
  10. Picture password not showing, can't log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Picture password not showing, can't log in.: First time posting, long time reader. Long story short, I clean-installed W10 on my aunt's laptop about a year ago. Two weeks ago her daughter borrowed the computer and after that she could no longer log in, because the picture password option disappeared, and she doesn't...